Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
You extrapolated that men are faster than women by 5% from this

They are. Go and pick times for different levels of sport for men and women these are from U17 UK best results. You see, what a
1000009023.gif

Outdoor U17 Men​

EventAthleteClub/CountryRecordYear
100mShaun PearceCarmarthen H10.422013
Joel Pascall-MenzieNewham and Essex Beagles10.39w2019
200mJona EfolokoSale H21.122015
Joel Pascall-MenzieNewham and Essex Beagles21.05w2019
400mKris RobertsonKirkintilloch Olympians AC47.082004
800mMax BurginHalifax Harriers & AC1.49.212017
1500mMatthew ShirlingLiverpool Harriers3.49.042012
3000mHenry DoverShaftesbury Barnet H8:24.062022
100mHJoseph HardingBasildon AC12.48w2019
Tristan AnthonyVerlea AC12.601999
400mHSamael LuntWirral AC51.782022
5000m WalkPhilip KingBrighton & Hove AC21.31.181991
1500m S/CDavid LewisRossendale H4.13.61977
High JumpDominic OgbechieHighgate H2.182018
Pole VaultNeil WinterShaftesbury Barnet H5.001990
Long JumpOliver McNeillisHalesowen AC & CC7.502004
Triple JumpJonathan MooreBirchfield Harriers15.672000
ShotLewis ByngStratford-upon-Avon AC19.452018
DiscusGeorge ArmstrongLeeds City AC60.622014
HammerAndrew TolputtWindsor, Slough Eton & H AC76.281984
JavelinHuw BevanBridgnorth AC69.602011
DecathlonPedro GleadallBlackheath and Bromley66002018

Outdoor U17 Women​

100mJodie WilliamsHerts Phoenix11.562008
Amy HuntCharnwood AC11.562018
200mSimmone JacobsReading AC23.581983
300mCheriece HyltonBlackheath & Bromley AC37.912013
800mKaty-Ann McDonaldBlackheath and Bromley2:05.072016
1500mCarol MeaganIreland4:19.941979
3000mInnes FitzgeraldExeter H9:21.282022
80m HAlicia BarrettChesterfield AC10.87 w+3.42014
Pippa EarleyKingston AC & Poly Harriers10.97 w+0.12017
300m HMeghan BeesleyTamworth AC41.412006
5000m WalkKate VealeIreland23:27.582009
1500m SCKiya DeeCheltenham04.56.742021
High JumpMorgan LakeWindsor SE &H1.882013
Pole VaultGemma TuttonLewes AC3.902021
Long JumpMargaret CheethamLiverpool Harriers6.421984
Triple JumpNaomi OgbetaTrafford AC12.612014
ShotMichaela WalshIreland16.032015
Serena VincentCity of Portsmouth16.032018
DiscusGeorgie TaylorHavering AC47.042013
HammerMichaela WalshIreland63.992015
JavelinAyesha JonesMarshall Milton Keynes AC50.852022
HeptathlonMorgan LakeWindsor SE &H54742013

CXRAndy

Guru
Only credulous pricks like you, Andy, would suck up whatever culture war outrage sites like 'Triggernometry' throw at you, without pause for thought.

These sites, of which you are so fond, pander to and inflame prejudices of an audience who have not adapted to the social media age and have not learned the lessons of media literacy.

You've had this spelt out to you several times, but you are too pig ignorant to reflect that it might be you.

"The world" is not full of people being silenced and de-platformed for just 'having a different opinion'. You've never even met a trans person, nor do you know a single woman who has been affected in any way by the existence of trans women.

The ugly truth about you, and people of your mentality, is that if you'd have been around in 1930s Germany you would have been out last night smashing windows of jewish-owned businesses because you lapped up the hate-mongering propaganda about that minority group too.

You think it's all a bit of a laugh, don't you. But your hate-spreading affects not only real people on the end of it but also those who give in to hatred.

The huge irony, of course, is that the only reason the profile of trans people and the campaign to afford them dignity exists is because of people like you.

You click on the Triggernometry video, which is designed to outrage, you post links to it in your outrage and a few more fools lap it up, and the creators get ad revenue from YouTube, which is the ONLY reason they produce this content.

Naturally, you are too pig-shît thick to realise that you are being manipulated.

You absolute mug.

My, my that's an awful lot of diatribe :laugh:

monkers

Legendary Member
They are. Go and pick times for different levels of sport for men and women these are from U17 UK best results. You see, what a
View attachment 5213

Outdoor U17 Men​

100mShaun PearceCarmarthen H10.422013
Joel Pascall-MenzieNewham and Essex Beagles10.39w2019
200mJona EfolokoSale H21.122015
Joel Pascall-MenzieNewham and Essex Beagles21.05w2019
400mKris RobertsonKirkintilloch Olympians AC47.082004
800mMax BurginHalifax Harriers & AC1.49.212017
1500mMatthew ShirlingLiverpool Harriers3.49.042012
3000mHenry DoverShaftesbury Barnet H8:24.062022
100mHJoseph HardingBasildon AC12.48w2019
Tristan AnthonyVerlea AC12.601999
400mHSamael LuntWirral AC51.782022
5000m WalkPhilip KingBrighton & Hove AC21.31.181991
1500m S/CDavid LewisRossendale H4.13.61977
High JumpDominic OgbechieHighgate H2.182018
Pole VaultNeil WinterShaftesbury Barnet H5.001990
Long JumpOliver McNeillisHalesowen AC & CC7.502004
Triple JumpJonathan MooreBirchfield Harriers15.672000
ShotLewis ByngStratford-upon-Avon AC19.452018
DiscusGeorge ArmstrongLeeds City AC60.622014
HammerAndrew TolputtWindsor, Slough Eton & H AC76.281984
JavelinHuw BevanBridgnorth AC69.602011
DecathlonPedro GleadallBlackheath and Bromley66002018

Outdoor U17 Women​

100mJodie WilliamsHerts Phoenix11.562008
Amy HuntCharnwood AC11.562018
200mSimmone JacobsReading AC23.581983
300mCheriece HyltonBlackheath & Bromley AC37.912013
800mKaty-Ann McDonaldBlackheath and Bromley2:05.072016
1500mCarol MeaganIreland4:19.941979
3000mInnes FitzgeraldExeter H9:21.282022
80m HAlicia BarrettChesterfield AC10.87 w+3.42014
Pippa EarleyKingston AC & Poly Harriers10.97 w+0.12017
300m HMeghan BeesleyTamworth AC41.412006
5000m WalkKate VealeIreland23:27.582009
1500m SCKiya DeeCheltenham04.56.742021
High JumpMorgan LakeWindsor SE &H1.882013
Pole VaultGemma TuttonLewes AC3.902021
Long JumpMargaret CheethamLiverpool Harriers6.421984
Triple JumpNaomi OgbetaTrafford AC12.612014
ShotMichaela WalshIreland16.032015
Serena VincentCity of Portsmouth16.032018
DiscusGeorgie TaylorHavering AC47.042013
HammerMichaela WalshIreland63.992015
JavelinAyesha JonesMarshall Milton Keynes AC50.852022
HeptathlonMorgan LakeWindsor SE &H54742013
All records are set by outliers. I'd hope you'd know that.

On Strava I'm on leaderboards, not because I'm a fast cyclist, or because I cheat. It's just a confluence of ideal conditions. I've got second places, but there's a schoolgirl hereabouts who can pass me on her Pendleton - she's not a Strava user.

Andrew Feather says it's becoming harder to maintain his record of the most KOMs because unless he happens to get to a hill on a day when he is on form and the conditions are perfect, it gets harder.

Sometimes you just have to use your brain (where available).

bobzmyunkle

Sometimes you just have to use your brain (where available).
Well, I'm confused.
What exactly is your argument?
Is it to do with this?
ESSAY / HUMAN NATURE

Sex in Sport: Men Don’t Always Have the Advantage​

Which as it says is an essay. Not a scientific paper or even pseudo science.

Are you using that as the basis to argue for the inclusion of trans women in women's sport categories, or merely as a basis for calling @CXRAndy a fool?

monkers

Legendary Member
Well, I'm confused.
What exactly is your argument?
Is it to do with this?
ESSAY / HUMAN NATURE

Sex in Sport: Men Don’t Always Have the Advantage​

Which as it says is an essay. Not a scientific paper or even pseudo science.

Are you using that as the basis to argue for the inclusion of trans women in women's sport categories, or merely as a basis for calling @CXRAndy a fool?

It's an essay by an assistant professor who has conducted research and examined the recent research of others. Although now retired she was a powerlifter.

She refutes the argument that sex is binary in the same ways that I do - that if you try to pin down what it is to be female with reference to a set of averages, you end up with a small cohort, and the more parameters you add to try to narrow it down, the smaller your cohort of those that fit becomes.

She argues that there are many myths and misconceptions being used to justify position; but that there remains insufficient evidence to fully support the argument one way or the other.

The Canadian Study, although it did not introduce new research, studied the available data. It came to the conclusion that males do have an advantage, but most of that advantage comes from factors other than the testosterone narrative, such as societal factors. In the case of female boxing, women were prevented from obtaining boxing licences.

The truth is that women have been oppressed in any number of ways, and sport is a prime example. The number of women with an interest in participating in sport, or just having too much else to do with the caring roles that are expected of them frustrates opportunities. If women were participating in sport to the same degree as men, I will speculate that the margins would diminish.

I can well understand how unfair advantage in elite level sport is something that concerns people. However the anti-trans nutters are keen to maintain sex segregation in the egg and spoon race at primary school sports days. Sometimes a sense of proportionality is required; instead we get the kind of moral panic that we are seeing playing out.

CXRAndy

Guru
It's an essay by an assistant professor who has conducted research and examined the recent research of others. Although now retired she was a powerlifter.

She refutes the argument that sex is binary in the same ways that I do :laugh: - that if you try to pin down what it is to be female with reference to a set of averages, you end up with a small cohort, and the more parameters you add to try to narrow it down, the smaller your cohort of those that fit becomes.

She argues that there are many myths and misconceptions being used to justify position; but that there remains insufficient evidence to fully support the argument one way or the other.

The Canadian Study, although it did not introduce new research, studied the available data. It came to the conclusion that males do have an advantage, but most of that advantage comes from factors other than the testosterone narrative, :wacko:. In the case of female boxing, women were prevented from obtaining boxing licences.

The truth is that women have been oppressed in any number of ways, and sport is a prime example. The number of women with an interest in participating in sport, or just having too much else to do with the caring roles that are expected of them frustrates opportunities
. :laugh:

I can well understand how unfair advantage in elite level sport is something that concerns people. However the anti-trans nutters are keen to maintain sex segregation in the egg and spoon race at primary school sports days. Sometimes a sense of proportionality is required; instead we get the kind of moral panic that we are seeing playing out.

Women have being doing sports in vast numbers since probably as early 1930s if not before. Sex is binary.

Having trans in any level diminishes the opportunities you rattle on about. Giving girls and women to compete solely against their sex is of paramount importance.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I wonder, do you hang about other niche forums banging on about transgender folks, or is it just here that you voice your obsession because nobody else will find out?

monkers

Legendary Member
Women have being doing sports in vast numbers since probably as early 1930s if not before. Sex is binary.

Having trans in any level diminishes the opportunities you rattle on about. Giving girls and women to compete solely against their sex is of paramount importance.

You are blind to the barriers that women face to participation in sport.

When females actually do break through and become successful, look competitive, use the similar aggression levels to males, people (mainly males) then criticise them for 'being too masculine'.

Females tend to be more risk-averse than males. We don't only have to look to sport to see this, we can look at driver behaviours, though to be fair, I see this gap as closing.

When you use terms such as 'full-blooded male' as you tend to, you are implying that females can not be 'full-blooded' enough to compete. It's almost as if Andy, that you prefer sex separated categories because you among those men who fear being beaten by females.

https://www.funding4sport.co.uk/downloads/women_barriers_participation.pdf

The Canadian Study, although it did not introduce new research, studied the available data. It came to the conclusion that males do have an advantage, but most of that advantage comes from factors other than the testosterone narrative, such as societal factors. In the case of female boxing, women were prevented from obtaining boxing licences.
If that were true you would expect male and female athletes with similar levels of support, finance, nutrition, training, to post similar results. They don't. The US men's Olympic track and field results are all faster/longer than the US women's despite similar funding.

The Women's 100m world record is beaten by 1,500 boys and men every year. Most of whom won't have received elite athlete levels of support or training.

The truth is that women have been oppressed in any number of ways, and sport is a prime example.
Allowing men into their events is a further example of how women are oppressed. That it was ever allowed and is even up for discussion tells you a lot about female oppression too.

However the anti-trans nutters are keen to maintain sex segregation in the egg and spoon race at primary school sports days.
Girls deserve fairness at all levels. You have constantly argued that there is no unfair male advantage at any level. Talking about kids sports days is just an attempt to make the discussion seem trivial when it isn't.

Kylie Small has just won a national US cycling championship. They placed 44th last year in the Men's competition. Big improvement in one year ...

View: https://twitter.com/i_heart__bikes/status/1733236385933324342

They also came 14th out of 41 in the varsity collegiate category. With lap times that would have seen them at the bottom of the men's listings, lapped by others, and pulled from the race.

View: https://twitter.com/i_heart__bikes/status/1732911818127921488

The idea that Small's results are down to anything other than the massive advantage of a male body is ridiculous.

Serena Williams serve speed 128 mph.
Andy Murray serve speed 145mph.

Nothing to do with lack of opportunities in sport or being risk averse.

All to do with male physiology advantage.

monkers

Legendary Member
If that were true you would expect male and female athletes with similar levels of support, finance, nutrition, training, to post similar results. They don't. The US men's Olympic track and field results are all faster/longer than the US women's despite similar funding.

The Women's 100m world record is beaten by 1,500 boys and men every year. Most of whom won't have received elite athlete levels of support or training.

This is typical of the false argument that you typically present. It isn't that I don't agree that the results for males shows higher level of performance. Where I disagree is the premise that you and others present that trans women retain such biological advantage that they will always win - the evidence is that they don't always win. You present outlier cases as being typical when they are not. The evidence points to the fact that biological advantage diminishes over time, and not after ingestion of the first hormone tablet. Extrapolation of the data suggest that 15 - 18 months of hormone replacement therapy finds the cross over point where the higher bone mass of a typical trans woman becomes a disadvantage due to the reduction in accompanying muscle mass. Therefore my senses are that trans women can successfully be integrated into women's sport. However, scientific knowledge through proper research, along with an intent of inclusion rather than automatic exclusion should prevail.

The supposed biological advantages are not the only advantages. The Canadian study does not dismiss this, but says that the other factors are more significant.

All research shows that trans women lose advantage, but it does take time, and most likely more than the 12 months previously put in place.

There's been a lot of focus on Lia Thomas. I did look into this a bit at one time, from what I saw the evidence pointed to the fact that tall males are faster swimmers, and tall females are faster swimmers. Lia Thomas is quite tall, though not at height that other female swimmers can not / do not reach. She is 6ft 1, which is above the typical female range. I could theorise that Lia's biological advantage is height rather than any other factor; but her height may or may not be the only significant factor, and to do so would clearly be unscientific.

If height is the greater biological advantage, then the classes should accord with height rather than homological sex if we are looking for a level playing field?

I happen to have a former sister-in-law who was a competitive swimmer who was being considered for the olympics. Ultimately she wasn't selected, but I remember her 50 years ago talking about the best swimmers were all tall, and that those selected did prove to be a little faster, but they were all a little taller - though to be clear I will stress that this anecdote does not usurp scientific evidence.

Top Bottom