Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Where I disagree is the premise that you and others present that trans women retain such biological advantage that they will always win

I showed you the results from the Cyclo-cross when a male literally rides away on lap 1 and takes the same time gap per lap.

You're completely deluded if you don't think there is not an advantage to being a male even after taking drugs. It doesn't reduce the lung/heart capacity, nor bone length.

You've painted yourself into a corner in which there is no escape from your position.

monkers

Legendary Member
I'm comparing the difference between sexes in their respective division, not the actual figure.
🤦‍♂️

A 'level playing field' is the pursuit of taking into account the average performances between cohorts. In the (false) binary of 'men and women' it is the average values that count, not world records. To say that the fastest man is faster than the fastest woman is not evidence of typical performance. The fastest man and the fastest woman are just two outliers.

monkers

Legendary Member
I showed you the results from the Cyclo-cross when a male literally rides away on lap 1 and takes the same time gap per lap.

You're completely deluded if you don't think there is not an advantage to being a male even after taking drugs. It doesn't reduce the lung/heart capacity, nor bone length.

You've painted yourself into a corner in which there is no escape from your position.

I have no diagnosis of being mentally ill. I certainly won't be accepting any such diagnosis from the likes of you, no matter how much you think you know.

bobzmyunkle

Yes it's that one. It was dismissed by some because it didn't meet the necessary requirement of being useful to pushing moral panic.
It was dismissed for a number of reasons, primarily because it wasn't a peer reviewed scientific paper.

Even a cursory look at the introduction reveals this

'In 2021, the CCES commissioned E-Alliance to complete a review of scientific and grey literature on transgender athlete participation in competitive sport'

This is typical of the false argument that you typically present. It isn't that I don't agree that the results for males shows higher level of performance. Where I disagree is the premise that you and others present that trans women retain such biological advantage that they will always win - the evidence is that they don't always win.
The argument is that transwomen have an unfair advantage because of their male physiology. Nobody has said they always win. We judge fairness at the outset not by results. A doped TDF rider has an unfair advantage, even if they come last.

Extrapolation of the data suggest that 15 - 18 months of hormone replacement therapy finds the cross over point where the higher bone mass of a typical trans woman becomes a disadvantage due to the reduction in accompanying muscle mass.
Doesn't change all the other physiological advantages of a male body.
All research shows that trans women lose advantage, but it does take time, and most likely more than the 12 months previously put in place.
Even transwoman sports scientist Joanne Harper has given up trying to prove the 'no advantage' argument after her own results showed it still remained after about 3 years.
If height is the greater biological advantage, then the classes should accord with height rather than homological sex if we are looking for a level playing field?

No because height is only one factor that influences swimming ability. The main determining factor for advantage is a male body. Lia Thomas went from mid 500th's in Men's nationally to top 10 in Women's, despite swimming against many men shorter than them.

monkers

Legendary Member
It was dismissed for a number of reasons, primarily because it wasn't a peer reviewed scientific paper.

Even a cursory look at the introduction reveals this

'In 2021, the CCES commissioned E-Alliance to complete a review of scientific and grey literature on transgender athlete participation in competitive sport'

It wasn't peer reviewed because it did not carry out new research. It was a meta study of existing peer reviewed research into the differing factors. What the study reports is that there is biological advantage between males and females in sport. They say that the greater disadvantage of being female is the sum of the other factors.

Their conclusion was that trans women do have advantage over women but not for the reasons that tend to be promoted.

I presented it, not to pretend that there is no advantage, but to show that we must fix the socio-politico-economic factors that disadvantage the majority of women who wish to participate in higher levels of sport. This is a more pressing need for a level playing field. However anti-trans activists are inclined only to take the opportunity to take aim at trans women, thereby disassociating themselves with the true imperative and substituting it with bigotry.

I'm not against taking measures to pursue a level playing field in elite level sports, but I an against banning trans women from playing women in board games, and creating sex segregated sports in primary schools.

monkers

Legendary Member
The argument is that transwomen have an unfair advantage because of their male physiology. Nobody has said they always win. We judge fairness at the outset not by results. A doped TDF rider has an unfair advantage, even if they come last.

Doesn't change all the other physiological advantages of a male body.

Even transwoman sports scientist Joanne Harper has given up trying to prove the 'no advantage' argument after her own results showed it still remained after about 3 years.

No because height is only one factor that influences swimming ability. The main determining factor for advantage is a male body. Lia Thomas went from mid 500th's in Men's nationally to top 10 in Women's, despite swimming against many men shorter than them.

Arguments with bigotry at their root and not the need to ensure that women become more widely free to participate in sport and be successful.

Canada has completely succumbed to the inclusion at all costs to women philosophy. 50 year old male swims (and changes with) girls in a teenage swim meet becausethe rules allow it. The nine other swimmers were 13 to 14. Guessing they didn't win, which of course means it was perfectly fair and they didn't have any advantage....

(No pay wall source)

https://www.theblaze.com/news/50yrold-male-swimming-teen-girls

Last edited:
Arguments with bigotry at their root and not the need to ensure that women become more widely free to participate in sport and be successful.

You can address both things at once: cheating men and better opportunities for women and girls. In fact, rectifying the first helps address the second.

monkers

Legendary Member
Canada has completely succumbed to the inclusion at all costs to women philosophy. 50 year old male swims (and changes with) girls in a teenage swim meet becausethe rules allow it. The nine other swimmers were 13 to 14. Guessing they didn't win, which of course means it was perfectly fair and they didn't have any advantage....

(No pay wall source)

https://www.theblaze.com/news/50yrold-male-swimming-teen-girls

There were two age categories. She swam with the over 15s. There is no mention in the article that she changed with the girls.

monkers

Legendary Member
You can address both things at once: cheating men and better opportunities for women and girls. In fact, rectifying the first helps address the second.

I've been saying this for a long time. One is a significant problem, the other one much less of a problem. I'm convinced that much more can be done towards a level playing fields than just blanket bans.

I don't see you arguing anywhere for the more significant measures to increase women's participation in sport; that's how I know this is all just bigotry.

We all do our bit in different ways. For example I favour Trek bikes because the owner of the company 'gets it'. When the owner of Trek discovered that his company was paying the female professional cyclists less than the males, he expressed his disgust and fixed that in his team on the spot. We need to keep telling the stories like this. My experience in schools taught me that many school leaders believe in giving the girls the same opportunities, but continue with lower expectations for girls, with the emphasis on outcomes for boys. I've seen this where the school leaders are women too, so it's not just a male attitude things, it is a structural societal problem that needs fixing.

classic33

They are. Go and pick times for different levels of sport for men and women these are from U17 UK best results. You see, what a
View attachment 5213

Outdoor U17 Men​

EventAthleteClub/CountryRecordYear
100mShaun PearceCarmarthen H10.422013
Joel Pascall-MenzieNewham and Essex Beagles10.39w2019
200mJona EfolokoSale H21.122015
Joel Pascall-MenzieNewham and Essex Beagles21.05w2019
400mKris RobertsonKirkintilloch Olympians AC47.082004
800mMax BurginHalifax Harriers & AC1.49.212017
1500mMatthew ShirlingLiverpool Harriers3.49.042012
3000mHenry DoverShaftesbury Barnet H8:24.062022
100mHJoseph HardingBasildon AC12.48w2019
Tristan AnthonyVerlea AC12.601999
400mHSamael LuntWirral AC51.782022
5000m WalkPhilip KingBrighton & Hove AC21.31.181991
1500m S/CDavid LewisRossendale H4.13.61977
High JumpDominic OgbechieHighgate H2.182018
Pole VaultNeil WinterShaftesbury Barnet H5.001990
Long JumpOliver McNeillisHalesowen AC & CC7.502004
Triple JumpJonathan MooreBirchfield Harriers15.672000
ShotLewis ByngStratford-upon-Avon AC19.452018
DiscusGeorge ArmstrongLeeds City AC60.622014
HammerAndrew TolputtWindsor, Slough Eton & H AC76.281984
JavelinHuw BevanBridgnorth AC69.602011
DecathlonPedro GleadallBlackheath and Bromley66002018

Outdoor U17 Women​

EventAthleteClub/CountryRecordYear
100mJodie WilliamsHerts Phoenix11.562008
Amy HuntCharnwood AC11.562018
200mSimmone JacobsReading AC23.581983
300mCheriece HyltonBlackheath & Bromley AC37.912013
800mKaty-Ann McDonaldBlackheath and Bromley2:05.072016
1500mCarol MeaganIreland4:19.941979
3000mInnes FitzgeraldExeter H9:21.282022
80m HAlicia BarrettChesterfield AC10.87 w+3.42014
Pippa EarleyKingston AC & Poly Harriers10.97 w+0.12017
300m HMeghan BeesleyTamworth AC41.412006
5000m WalkKate VealeIreland23:27.582009
1500m SCKiya DeeCheltenham04.56.742021
High JumpMorgan LakeWindsor SE &H1.882013
Pole VaultGemma TuttonLewes AC3.902021
Long JumpMargaret CheethamLiverpool Harriers6.421984
Triple JumpNaomi OgbetaTrafford AC12.612014
ShotMichaela WalshIreland16.032015
Serena VincentCity of Portsmouth16.032018
DiscusGeorgie TaylorHavering AC47.042013
HammerMichaela WalshIreland63.992015
JavelinAyesha JonesMarshall Milton Keynes AC50.852022
HeptathlonMorgan LakeWindsor SE &H54742013
There's two names on that list I do know. Both are suspect, and brought the doping cloud into amateur sport.

Top Bottom