Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

And when they've done that (eg in cycling) women athletes have voted to exclude males from their category. Consulting female athletes should have been the first step, not the afterthought it was after the default inclusion of males.

We all know exceptional women will beat mediocre male athletes. When the playing field in terms of skill, training, support, and so on is equal, men will invariably win because of the advantages of a male physiology. (Endurance and ultra distance events are the exception as in those overall fitness and mental toughness become more important).

View attachment 5206
https://www.researchgate.net/figure...-selected-sporting-disciplines_fig1_346774077

As to some women not minding about competing with men, that's up to them. They can't consent for the other competitors. Most women who object will be reluctant to speak out because they don't want to face abuse or lose scholarships, sponsors, or other opportunities.
I'd love to be as "mad" as Hannah Bergemann.
hannahcanyongap-2__stream_basic.jpg

It's multiple exposure in case you're wondering.
Or even Harriet Burbridge-Smith, Red Bull Team Rider
red-bull-formation-harriet-burbridge-smith.jpg

classic33

I back up what I say with links and evidence. You pick the outliers like Billie Jean King and try to present their view as the dominant one.
It must be upsetting to find that the more the public see what's going on, especially with the likes of sports and prisons, the less they seem to agree with your position.

And my evidence from lesbian friends is the opposite of what you claim - they aren't interested in men who say they are lesbians - so you obviously can't claim to speak for all lesbians anymore than I can claim to.

Unless your survey (link would be handy) says what it means by positive and negative attitudes it's a meaningless assertion. Does it mean emotionally supportive? Does it mean not personally prejudiced towards? Does it mean men should be allowed in women's prisons? These are very different things.
Link and picture were posted earlier.

monkers

Legendary Member
And my evidence from lesbian friends is the opposite of what you claim - they aren't interested in men who say they are lesbians - so you obviously can't claim to speak for all lesbians anymore than I can claim to.

Your evidence is anecdotal. My anecdotal evidence of having lots of lesbian friends is the opposite. I wouldn't mind betting that people will say to you what you require them to say in order to save themselves from a browbeating rant.

The survey though is not anecdotal - only 6% of lesbians have negative feelings about trans people - which seems like a good fit with my experience of the past 50 years.

Last edited:
Both our 'evidence' on what lesbians think is anecdotal. Yours doesn't count anymore than mine does, I'm afraid. Especially on an Internet forum where there's no way of checking it or even checking that the person posting is who they say they are.

classic33

Both our 'evidence' on what lesbians think is anecdotal. Yours doesn't count anymore than mine does, I'm afraid. Especially on an Internet forum where there's no way of checking it or even checking that the person posting is who they say they are.
Can I just point out, that the piece to which you've made multiple references to, wasn't posted by monkers.
Maybe you could check who posted it.

I'm me by the way!

monkers

Legendary Member

The survey?

CXRAndy

Guru
Lia Thomas 9:00.67

Well behind men and women's fastest times.

Thomas was not competing at international level. He was beating national/regional women, like Riley Gaines. Post up times of regional events to compare

My comparison is like for like

monkers

Legendary Member
Thomas was not competing at international level. He was beating national/regional women, like Riley Gaines. Post up times of regional events to compare

My comparison is like for like

No it wasn't. You compared fastest man with fastest woman, but then falsely extrapolated those results to say men are faster than women, which is not necessarily true. You need to find out how data works.

CXRAndy

Guru
No it wasn't. You compared fastest man with fastest woman, but then falsely extrapolated those results to say men are faster than women, which is not necessarily true. You need to find out how data works.

You posted Thomas time with no comparison to the equivalent women's times at that moment in history. Besides you're trying to conflate a below average national male swimmer against the best women at NCAA levels. Totally meaningless

Last edited:

multitool

Pharaoh
The next few sentences are exactly where the world is at. No we wont stand for it

Only credulous pricks like you, Andy, would suck up whatever culture war outrage sites like 'Triggernometry' throw at you, without pause for thought.

These sites, of which you are so fond, pander to and inflame prejudices of an audience who have not adapted to the social media age and have not learned the lessons of media literacy.

You've had this spelt out to you several times, but you are too pig ignorant to reflect that it might be you.

"The world" is not full of people being silenced and de-platformed for just 'having a different opinion'. You've never even met a trans person, nor do you know a single woman who has been affected in any way by the existence of trans women.

The ugly truth about you, and people of your mentality, is that if you'd have been around in 1930s Germany you would have been out last night smashing windows of jewish-owned businesses because you lapped up the hate-mongering propaganda about that minority group too.

You think it's all a bit of a laugh, don't you. But your hate-spreading affects not only real people on the end of it but also those who give in to hatred.

The huge irony, of course, is that the only reason the profile of trans people and the campaign to afford them dignity exists is because of people like you.

You click on the Triggernometry video, which is designed to outrage, you post links to it in your outrage and a few more fools lap it up, and the creators get ad revenue from YouTube, which is the ONLY reason they produce this content.

Naturally, you are too pig-shît thick to realise that you are being manipulated.

You absolute mug.

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
You posted Thomas time with no comparison to the equivalent women's times at that moment in history. Besides you're trying to conflate a below average national male swimmer against the best women at NCAA levels. Totally meaningless

World record 800m freestyle swim
men 7:42.64
women 8:08.87

men are faster by 5%

You extrapolated that men are faster than women by 5% from this. You are beyond a joke - silly man.

Top Bottom