Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Is there a fat bästard category yet? There aint no way i have a chance at any other. The Juniors would skin me alive, even if i dusted off my 80's shell suit and pretended to be a moderately greying, bearded child...

Ha! The quickest junior on a 5k run is 9!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cmj5l612080o

A good 5 minutes quicker than my best. I'm going to enter as my 7 year old at next week's junior run to repair my shattered ego.

classic33

Not exactly, trans are making themselves feel better by beating women with better times/results.

I wouldn't know why males would want to do that over women- they're only cheating themselves :whistle:
Have you ever done a park run in which at least one trans man or trans women has taken part, at the same time?
If not, then by the new metric laid down by Aurorasaab, you don't get to have an opinion on it.

If a trans man or trans women has already run in a park run, then they wouldn't be cheating themselves.

It was you who pretty much said 'If you don't run in Park Run you don't get to comment'. It's your metric that people aren't allowed to comment, not mine. Obviously if we're doing the 'Stay in your own lane' thing though, you are very much out of your own lane telling women what they should and should not be concerned about, so perhaps you're better off not pursuing that line.

classic33

'Have you ever competed in the Tour de France? Because unless you have, you don't get to have an opinion on cheating in it ....'
Just think, maybe Mick "Iron Man" Murphy may have been onto to something back in the late fifties, when he won three Ras Tailteann's. Maybe those Masi warriors, from who he learned the "trick" knew something that's only been rediscovered in more recent years.

Have you ever competed in the TdF or any of the other events you keep rolling out. If not keep your trap shut, you've no right to an opinion on them either.

classic33

It was you who pretty much said 'If you don't run in Park Run you don't get to comment'. It's your metric that people aren't allowed to comment, not mine. Obviously if we're doing the 'Stay in your own lane' thing though, you are very much out of your own lane telling women what they should and should not be concerned about, so perhaps you're better off not pursuing that line.
What was said was
"Have you ever taken part, on a regular basis, in Park Runs? Or are you just trying to justify your fears to yourself, then projecting your fears onto others?"
No mention of not being able to have an opinion on the subject. They were your words, not mine. Read what you posted, think, then reply to what the other person actually said, not what you think they said.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
A statement from parkrun:

"Parkruns are not races or athletic competitions of the sort governed by national and international federations. They are community-led, socially-focused physical activity events delivered with the aim of improving public health, and including as many people as possible.

"We publish results based on a person’s self-declared information, including gender, and we believe it would not be appropriate or practical for us to request proof or adjudicate the validity of a person’s gender identity.

"At Parkrun we aim to be as inclusive and welcoming as possible, and whilst there is and possibly always will be discussion around how we record and present people’s identities, we believe that our current solution is the most appropriate available at this time."

'Nuff said really.

Nobody is asking them to validate entrant's gender identity, just record the results that they do record fairly. Funny how it was easy enough to identify sex when it was needed to keep women out of education and jobs for centuries but now it's far too difficult. Pretty sure they wouldn't have any trouble refusing to record the result of a 25 year old in the over 70 category. All they need to do is look into it when an objection is made; no need to question every entrant at the outset.

The forum may be freestyle, but you don't get to have an opinion on any event you've never taken part in.

I look forward to that being your last post on anything to do with women's stuff then because being a woman is something you cannot take part in so (according to you) you have no right to comment on any issues that concern them.

bobzmyunkle

According to Aurorasaab's metric, introduced by her yesterday, it would appear to be the case now.
Ok @classic33, I'll bite. I've participated it numerous Park Runs and have previously commented on this thread. I therefore feel qualified to point out that this aspect of your argument is just a little bit beyond tedious.

Back to the issue in hand, as others have said, Park Run isn't about to start checking people's privates/birth sex or anything of that ilk. That wasn't the aim of the think tank paper though, was it. Their aim was to stir up the culture war. And to keep any nuance that might be introduced to the subject well suppressed.

Top Bottom