Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobzmyunkle

Might not be strictly accurate to talk of mixed sex changing as in individual cubicles at the swimming baths.
'They claimed parents used towels to setup a makeshift tent to protect the girls that had to change in front of Wiseheart'
But that's just something quoted in one of those dodgy culture war rags. Might just be bullsh*t.

Mr Celine

It is symptomatic of her parochial mindset, fervour for her cult, and just general ignorance that she doesn't realise many countries, such as Germany, have mixed-gender changing rooms as the norm.
Auch in Schottland!

I can't remember the last time I was in a swimming pool with segregated changing.

Just because they have mixed changing in some areas does not mean people agree with it. It's often imposed without consultation. The people who don't like it will self exclude if they can. Others can't.

In Scotland the government will withdraw funding from women's facilities that are not tranwomen inclusive - like they did with the domestic violence refuges who could not accommodate them - and providing one unisex facility allows them to keep funding whilst avoiding the issue of whether to allow transwomen in the Women's facilities or not.

You are probably completely unaware that there are women and girls who are uncomfortable with the changing area you are in being mixed. You don't mind so you don't notice.

Unisex changing areas are associated with a much higher risk to women and girls:

"......two thirds of all sexual attacks at leisure centres and public swimming pools take place in unisex changing rooms".

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...g-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html

icowden

Legendary Member
It is symptomatic of her parochial mindset, fervour for her cult, and just general ignorance that she doesn't realise many countries, such as Germany, have mixed-gender changing rooms as the norm.
You do realise that different countries have different customs and that people are raised in different ways there? You can't just transplant "well they do it in Germany" to "well they do it in America" unless you also transplant societal norms and expectations.

Once you get Americans to understand that wibbly bits are not in fact worse than assault rifles, you might actually have a point. The fact is however that Americans are massively prudish whilst the Brits are only fairly prudish and neither society is comfortable with the concept of mixed changing rooms.

multitool

You do realise that different countries have different customs and that people are raised in different ways there? You can't just transplant "well they do it in Germany" to "well they do it in America" unless you also transplant societal norms and expectations.

I have been to about 1/3 of the world's countries, as well as living abroad, so yes. I do have an inkling about cultural differences.

But I'll tell you this: sexual violence against women is pretty universal. And it is astonishly rare for it to be carried out by trans women, or indeed anyone cosplaying a trans woman.

D

Deleted member 159

Professor Jo Phoenix V open university
After the judgement was released the OU head said they were considering appealing, later that week though, made full open apology to Jo Phoenix

Judge said the witness's were basically lying, used so many different phrases to convey this point.

He also said using transphobic and terf words at someone were used as a slur on their character, to shut down debate,

With this judgement folk could possible take legal action against anyone who is called a transphobe or terf :biggrin:

View: https://youtu.be/uF9O_2R6rxY?si=PKSgaq-DaU102IwT

Transwomen have the same rates of offending as other men. There are other sub demigraphics of men who actually do have very low offending rates. Nobody suggests they should have free access to women's single sex services and facilities because the common denominator in offending is being male, not how you identify or which other minor demographic you belong to. It's also privacy and dignity, not just safety.

icowden

Legendary Member
I don't know why you keep posting up GBNews commentary.
Nobody takes it seriously except the idiots who choose to watch it.
@CXRAndy I have to agree with @multitool on this point. It's hardly an authoritative or trustworthy news source.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
News, but with an agenda is how I'd describe it. Admittedly all outlets do, to a greater or lesser extent, but GB News is so blatant it's unreal.

Transwomen have the same rates of offending as other men. There are other sub demigraphics of men who actually do have very low offending rates. Nobody suggests they should have free access to women's single sex services and facilities because the common denominator in offending is being male, not how you identify or which other minor demographic you belong to. It's also privacy and dignity, not just safety.
The ONS have recorded only two cases since October 2019.

Re-offending rates for women(73%) are higher than they are for men(63%).

Top Bottom