Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159

Like was there a man in his 50s taking part with teenage girls at swimming events, getting changed in the women's locker rooms

That might be a good start ;)

AndyRM

Elder Goth
We've already started...

The Toronto Sun? The Canadian equivalent of the Sunday Tits? Really?

Are you saying this incident didn't happen at all? That a 50 year old male didn't change with and compete against teenage girls and young women swimmers who were 30 years younger? It's recorded in the event results, parent's videos, many other outlets. You can moan about the outlet but the facts remain: this is what happens when you introduce self ID.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
No. He isn't.

But the Post and the Sun carry about as much weight as Viz. At least Viz is (occasionally) funny, which this situation isn't.

But then these debates never are I suppose.

D

Deleted member 159

which this situation isn't
You're absolutely spot on.

That situation should never ever be allowed to happen, male pervert, changing in girls locker room. Let alone swimming with young girls

Classic autogynephilia

fozy tornip

fozympotent
I had a Taylor Swift sex dream last night.
Who knew my subconscious is a Swiftie?
It opened with her wearing a red velvet robe thing, showing a lot of thigh and midriff and cleavage. We got her out of that with some foreplay: classy foreplay if I say so myself, and she headed for bed syrup-purring for me to join her..
But somehow I got distracted and into a fossicking tailspin. Re-potted those struggling seedlings on the kitchen window-sill, put on the kettle, decided now was the time to apply anti-fungal lacquer to my friable toe-nails, a wheel may've got trued..
By the time I made it to bed Taylor was snoring and the moment had passed.

Sorry, what was the question?

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You're absolutely spot on.

That situation should never ever be allowed to happen, male pervert, changing in girls locker room. Let alone swimming with young girls

Classic autogynephilia

See, this is where things get ridiculous. From what I understand Melody is happily married and as a professor will have gone through all kinds of rigorous safeguarding checks. There's no suggestion that she's got a record of any kind.

Is it odd? Yes. Does that make her a pervert? No. Is she actually breaking any rules? No. And that's where the issue is for me.

And in any case, you never been in a pool with kids (unsegregated, unlike a race with lanes)? Shared a mixed use changing room?

I do, near enough weekly. So do millions of others. So perhaps, rather than going down the "this is weird, they're perverts" or whatever, we should actually be considering that a (very) small number of people don't fit into traditional gender roles and work with that?

D

Deleted member 159

Shared a mixed use changing room

Never shared a mixed changing. Always mens and my kids were sent into their respective sex changing areas. You might get very young girls with their dad's, but they always took them into a private cubicle to change in and out of swimming clothing.

See, this is where things get ridiculous. From what I understand Melody is happily married and as a professor will have gone through all kinds of rigorous safeguarding checks. There's no suggestion that she's got a record of any kind.
Happily married 50 year old men are just as likely to make teenage girls uncomfortable by being in their changing rooms as non happily married ones. It's not just about safety.

Is it odd? Yes. Does that make her a pervert? No. Is she actually breaking any rules? No. And that's where the issue is for me.
The rules are wrong. It's not acceptable for an adult male to change with and swim in competitions for girls and young women, whether they are a pervert or not.

And in any case, you never been in a pool with kids (unsegregated, unlike a race with lanes)? Shared a mixed use changing room?
No, never. There was one week at our leisure centre when they made the Women's unisex because they were refurbishing the Men's. It was very unpopular, especially with parents who were taking kids for lessons. Fortunately lots of men chose not to do their usual swimming that week, because good men stay out so bad men stand out.

I do, near enough weekly. So do millions of others. So perhaps, rather than going down the "this is weird, they're perverts" or whatever, we should actually be considering that a (very) small number of people don't fit into traditional gender roles and work with that?

You can be someone who doesn't fit into traditional gender roles (most people don't) and still respect that there are single sex spaces for good reasons. Melody Wiseheart could be gender non conforming in the Men's changing rooms surely.

Out of interest, are all the changing rooms mixed sex? If there are Men's, Women's, and Mixed, then those using the mixed have consented to it. If there is no choice, they haven't consented and you can't really know if they are happy or unhappy about it.

multitool

Never shared a mixed changing. Always mens and my kids were sent into their respective sex changing areas. You might get very young girls with their dad's.

Too thick to understand that plurals are not apostrophised, but can diagnose a highly complex psychological disorder purely from a foreign tabloid newspaper report so comprehensively that he even feels confident enough to label it "classic".

Either that or he's just a bellend.

Can't decide which...

images.jpeg.jpg

(US meme because he needs them to get the point)

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Happily married 50 year old men are just as likely to make teenage girls uncomfortable by being in their changing rooms as non happily married ones. It's not just about safety.

The rules are wrong. It's not acceptable for an adult male to change with and swim in competitions for girls and young women, whether they are a pervert or not.

No, never. There was one week at our leisure centre when they made the Women's unisex because they were refurbishing the Men's. It was very unpopular, especially with parents who were taking kids for lessons. Fortunately lots of men chose not to do their usual swimming that week, because good men stay out so bad men stand out.

You can be someone who doesn't fit into traditional gender roles (most people don't) and still respect that there are single sex spaces for good reasons. Melody Wiseheart could be gender non conforming in the Men's changing rooms surely.

Out of interest, are all the changing rooms mixed sex? If there are Men's, Women's, and Mixed, then those using the mixed have consented to it. If there is no choice, they haven't consented and you can't really know if they are happy or unhappy about it.

Never? Wow, fair enough.

The changing rooms for swimming are mixed use, which is consented to buy signing up to the facility. There are mens and womens facilities available for the gym and if anyone isn't comfortable they can use those. It's never, as far as I know, been an issue. But it would be pretty quickly reported I suspect as it's run by the council.

multitool

Total bôllocks from Aurora, as per.

It is symptomatic of her parochial mindset, fervour for her cult, and just general ignorance that she doesn't realise many countries, such as Germany, have mixed-gender changing rooms as the norm.

But then, thanks to AuroraBorer and her gang of culture-war cultists, Britain IS Terf Island, and most other countries aren't running with this fabricated so-called problem.

Never? Wow, fair enough.
The changing rooms for swimming are mixed use, which is consented to buy signing up to the facility.
So basically there is no choice and people who want single sex changing for swimming will self exclude.

There are mens and womens facilities available for the gym and if anyone isn't comfortable they can use those.
That's fine then. I'm not opposed to a unisex third space if other single sex provision is also there.

It's never, as far as I know, been an issue. But it would be pretty quickly reported I suspect as it's run by the council.

Women will likely just self exclude or if necessary put up with it. 'They must like it or they'd complain' is a bit simplistic imo.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
So basically there is no choice and people who want single sex changing for swimming will self exclude.

That's fine then. I'm not opposed to a unisex third space if other single sex provision is also there.

Women will likely just self exclude or if necessary put up with it. 'They must like it or they'd complain' is a bit simplistic imo.

Not really. It's like anything which has terms and conditions. Sign up, or don't.

It's not what I'd call a "proper" pool in any case. There's a wave machine and it's not set up for serious swimming; a good third of it is basically for messing around, and there's a fairly large learners pool. And a surprisingly steep flume.

There are two pools designed for people who want to swim, also council owned, and local with separate changing facilities. One membership gets you in to all three (and a few other leisure facilities in the area) so there's plenty of choice for everyone.

Top Bottom