Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121

Just look at the almost one sided news about men claiming to be women. You don't hear anything the other way

That's because it's the news. They report what they want and create narratives, propaganda and often omit citations and sources. No wonder you're as dumb as a box of rocks...

monkers

Legendary Member
I'm a person whose sex is female, the adult version of which is a woman.

Yes that is one definition for cisgender people - you're not though.

Last edited:

multitool

Unfortunately men have historically behaved in such a way as to make it that women and girls are often uncomfortable around male bodies and male genitalia.

Why are you so keen to allow men in women's changing rooms, toilets, prisons, and sports?

Why don't you sort out male behaviour first before you start telling women and girls they should be comfortable with male bodies in their spaces?

It's you now policing the relationship of two trans women :laugh:

icowden

Legendary Member
You have also "explained" that trans men should be using the women's areas, because they're women.
However, they are trans, which means that they're a danger to the safety and dignity of women and girls who may be using the areas at the same time.
Nope. They may have taken testosterone which may make them stronger amongst other side effects, but they cannot grow a functional penis. They cannot rape a woman and make her pregnant.

As Aurora has pointed out, their offending pattern would still likely be female rather than male, because they are women who have altered their appearance to look more male.

icowden

Legendary Member
Most people identify as cisgender.
Most people don't identify as anything.
If they say otherwise it's because they have been asked a leading question which requires to know "what they identify as".

If you carried out a survey and asked people if they are make or female, I believe that the vast majority would not say "I identify as". Identify means to establish or indicate what something or someone is or has strong links with. So I don't identify as male and Aurora doesn't identify as female. I don't feel like I belong to a group of people, I do belong to them. There is no question, no doubt. I have the chromosomes that define me as male regardless of anything my head might think.

That's why people get fed up with the "I identify as" and CIS nonsense.

monkers

Legendary Member
Nope. They may have taken testosterone which may make them stronger amongst other side effects, but they cannot grow a functional penis. They cannot rape a woman and make her pregnant.

As Aurora has pointed out, their offending pattern would still likely be female rather than male, because they are women who have altered their appearance to look more male.

Sigh - Ian check your working.

monkers

Legendary Member
Most people don't identify as anything.
If they say otherwise it's because they have been asked a leading question which requires to know "what they identify as".

If you carried out a survey and asked people if they are make or female, I believe that the vast majority would not say "I identify as". Identify means to establish or indicate what something or someone is or has strong links with. So I don't identify as male and Aurora doesn't identify as female. I don't feel like I belong to a group of people, I do belong to them. There is no question, no doubt. I have the chromosomes that define me as male regardless of anything my head might think.

That's why people get fed up with the "I identify as" and CIS nonsense.

Again check your working - once again it is flawed. The question on gender identity was optional. 94% of people chose to answer the question. 6% chose not to answer the question. That is not how to define a 'leading question'.

Again, check your working - Aurora does identify as female. We don't use that phrase in everyday conversation but I have no problem with ticking a box on a form that asks if I am male or female.

Every time that you are in the workplace and select the male designated loo, you are self-identifying as male.

Your correct on the testosterone part. Now explain how they are not a threat to the dignity of(other) women and girls?

icowden

Legendary Member
Again check your working - once again it is flawed. The question on gender identity was optional. 94% of people chose to answer the question. 6% chose not to answer the question. That is not how to define a 'leading question'.
If you write "What is your gender identity" on a survey, very few people are going to refuse to answer. For NHS Data returns we have to capture gender identity which will be the same as biological gender unless someone has specified otherwise. Some patients will be asked "what do you identify as" and they will just answer male or female. For others it might be "and what does your dad identify as?" to which the baffled answer will be most likely "male" or " he barely identifies as anything given the fact that he has been sectioned under the mental health act due to his dementia".

Every time that you are in the workplace and select the male designated loo, you are self-identifying as male.
Only in your head. In mine, I am just using the facilities designed for me.

Again, check your working - Aurora does identify as female.
I don't identify as female because being female is not an identity. I could be in a coma and I'd still be female. How arrogant of you to tell people how they identify though....

We don't use that phrase in everyday conversation but I have no problem with ticking a box on a form that asks if I am male or female.
Tick what box you like. It doesn't mean you are whatever box you've ticked. It means you've ticked a box.

No you aren't. It means you are using the male designated loo, that's all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom