Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
The commonality between teenage boys, adult men, and trans identifying men is rather obviously that they are all men. The woman would be a woman.

The resistance is because you would rather laughably have us believe that a 25 year old trans identifying man has more in common, physically and athletically, with a 25 year old woman than with a 19 year old boy or a 40 year old man. Apart from lowered testosterone - which still won't be as low as the woman's - physically they are the same. All have male body advantage.

monkers

Guru
Boys are male and trans are male.

Therefore all boys are trans right?

monkers

Guru
The commonality between teenage boys, adult men, and trans identifying men is rather obviously that they are all men. The woman would be a woman.

The resistance is because you would rather laughably have us believe that a 25 year old trans identifying man has more in common, physically and athletically, with a 25 year old woman than with a 19 year old boy or a 40 year old man. Apart from lowered testosterone - which still won't be as low as the woman's - physically they are the same. All have male body advantage.

I haven't said any of that. When you need to invent what I've said to seek to grind me down or embarrass me, you've lost the argument.

You can attempt criticism of what I have said and that's fine. But you can't simply invent stuff, attribute it to me, ridicule it, and then feel smug that you've won something. This is called delusion.

You managed to create all that nonsense because I said that trans women are not teenage boys in reply to CXRAndy. In his latest attempt at logic, he seems to be saying that all boys are trans. You can support that view too if you wish, but don't expect me to go along with it.

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
You managed to create all that nonsense because I said that trans women are not teenage boys in reply to CXRAndy. In his latest attempt at logic, he seems to be saying that all boys are trans. You can support that view too if you wish, but don't expect me to go along with it.
Come on, you are well aware of what the argument is.

If teenaged boys can perform in sport at the same level as elite women athletes, the parallel is that an adult male who decides that they are trans would seem to carry a distinct advantage over biological women. This has been seen in numerous sports where transwomen who formerly were not outstanding in their sport in any way suddenly become the best. Many women don't think that this is fair. Many women also are afraid to speak out because of the treatment that is being dished out to those that do.

I entirely agree with you that more research is needed and nothing is 100% proven, but until it can be demonstrated scientifically that the playing field can be levelled, it is not fair to include transwomen in women's sport and risks destroying it altogether.

CXRAndy

Veteran
Come on, you are well aware of what the argument is.

She will never admit this, she has far too much invested in the trans ideology.

It would mean admitting her adopted child wasn't what they say they are. Just the situation Helen Joyce commented on in my post 12823.

monkers

Guru
If teenaged boys can perform in sport at the same level as elite women athletes, the parallel is that an adult male who decides that they are trans would seem to carry a distinct advantage over biological women.

Science is dead. Bigots can just make stuff up and pretend it's real.

Trans women are not teenage boys. Jut try asking teenage boys if that's the case. They'll be both more sensible than you and bewildered that you could even try to defend a position like that.

You might as well say that boys are made of slugs, and snails and puppy dogs tails. Girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice. This is exactly where this level of thinking is coming from.

Do I think that a male athlete who would self declare their gender one day and enter a race with women the next would have no advantage - of course not, I'm not an idiot. But do I think an actual trans woman who had genital reconstruction surgery and ten years of hormones while training the whole time could beat either a fast teenage boy or girl, or any good athlete - no chance at all.

If you go along with this sort of argument Iain, you'll read it back in a years time and wonder what the hell you were thinking.

monkers

Guru

Commonalities eh?

Let's see what actual science has to say about that ... here are our shared commonalitites.

The next time you refer to someone as monkeying around you may not be that far from the truth. Chimpanzees are our closest relative as a species and we share at least 98% of our genome with them. Our feline friends share 90% of homologous genes with us, with dogs it is 82%, 80% with cows, 69% with rats and 67% with mice [1].

Human and chimpanzee DNA is so similar because the two species are so closely related. They both descended from a single ancestor species 6 or 7,000,000 years ago. As they evolved, their DNA changed as it was passed from generation to generation. It is these DNA changes that account for the differences between human and chimp appearance and behaviour.

By virtue of being the same species, all humans share 99% of their genome, which means that all humans are 99% genetically similar.

Commonalities are not the consideration; differences are what set us apart. In what way are trans women not like teenage boys. Oh, they're not teenagers.

Any person with any understanding of science at all will be double face palming at your level of reasoning.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Lol. So now humans and chimps are the same comparators for athletic purposes? A male chimp has x5 the strength of a man.
The age difference between males is a far less significant factor than the sex difference between men and women.

Here's the author of the study saying the 2 groups in the study - trans identifying men and women - shouldn't be compared because they weren't like for like:

"Professor Yannis Pitsiladis, who led the research and who sits on the IOC’s medical and scientific commission, said that such discrepancies should prevent anyone viewing the two groups as synonymous when addressing the issue of gender inclusion".

https://sports.yahoo.com/ioc-accuse...e1VOVKlPLlCT3ZkfZeYZSFdO5r_zc5gNxaUB2_ueuth2a

Ah you're back. Are going to say again that I write a lot of piffling words of waffle? See above genius.
Again butt hurt because you get an piece of you're own medicine, you nick name everyone but hell if someone nicknames you, misses high horse..
But still no apologies for aurora whilst you where clearly wrong, again!

monkers

Guru
Again butt hurt because you get an piece of you're own medicine, you nick name everyone but hell if someone nicknames you, misses high horse..
But still no apologies for aurora whilst you where clearly wrong, again!

If I say your every thought is correct, will you stop trolling the thread? It would make life more bearable for more people than just me (probably).

Top Bottom