Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Roz Adams has won her case for unfair dismissal against Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre. The judge described her treatment as 'a heresy hunt' and 'reminiscent of....Franz Kafka' after her bosses launched an investigation of gross misconduct for questioning how the staff should deal with concerns about users who wanted only same sex care.

The judgement describes the purpose of the disciplinary proceedings as being to further the agender of the CEO (trans identified man Mridul Wadhwa) to 'cleanse the organisation' of those who did not follow Wadhwa's beliefs.

https://thecritic.co.uk/why-roz-adams-won/

ERCC refused to refer on clients who wanted women only care to J K Rowling's centre.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I don't think the judge has read much Kafka.

Both of you have read the judgement before you made and endorsed that comment presumably? Or are you just trying to undermine a judgement on a case which has consumed a woman's life for 3 years, where she was bullied by unwarranted disciplinary procedures to the point where she went off sick and gave up a job she loved?

@AuroraSaab Assume by 'both of you' you include me for liking Andy's comment.

I've found the judgment on line, it's not particularly accessible, but have not yet read it in full.

Having spent my first career of 35years working with the Judiciary I found the comment amusing.

No reflection on Ms Adams or what she experienced.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Both of you have read the judgement before you made and endorsed that comment presumably? Or are you just trying to undermine a judgement on a case which has consumed a woman's life for 3 years, where she was bullied by unwarranted disciplinary procedures to the point where she went off sick and gave up a job she loved?

I've read what you linked to.

I'm not trying to undermine anything or anyone but I've read enough Kafka to know that the judge's comment is daft.

I'm assuming they were referencing The Trial but I could be wrong about that.

icowden

Legendary Member
I'm not trying to undermine anything or anyone but I've read enough Kafka to know that the judge's comment is daft.
I'm assuming they were referencing The Trial but I could be wrong about that.
I'm guessing it's just a lazy reference to something being kafkaesque - nightmarish and oppressive.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'm guessing it's just a lazy reference to something being kafkaesque - nightmarish and oppressive.

Which is why I don't think the judge in this situation has read much of Kafka's work. Nobody has, really, but there's not much anyone can do about that now.

But yes, very, very lazy.

monkers

Legendary Member
hc=eSrY4KlNnpAQ7kNvgHzQY1B&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr1-1.jpg

multitool

Pharaoh
Ha ha! Serves the twats right.*

GC feminists are the ultimate circular firing squad. They are just too caught up in a hate cult to realise it.

*If genuine. If satire, still apt and very funny

CXRAndy

Guru
There are personal victories against organisations almost weekly now. This poor woman had been put through hell for wanting single sex staff for women's rape centre.

There is a case going to tribunal against the civil service, again by a woman with biological fact based opinions, hounded out her job.

monkers

Legendary Member
So a couple of criticisms of the judge's understanding of Kafka and a feeble attempt to divert the thread back to being limited to policing toilets.

You could equally argue that the Roz Adams case was a feeble attempt to divert the thread from what was being discussed - but you didn't.

Nobody has said that the judge's verdict was an incorrect one - just that his remarks may have been a bit over the top. If it wasn't for changes in topic the thread would have died 13480 posts ago. Nobody told me that occasional jokes weren't allowed in an unmoderated forum.

An interesting (lack of) response.

An amusing comment considering there had been no relevant response from you either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom