Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

You're forgetting the silent majority
The "CBA's"?

D

Deleted member 121

You're forgetting the silent majority

Don't worry Andy, I haven't forgotten them, Here's me mate Pete, He doesn't have a lot to say but he has a great smile.

hanging-rotted-skeleton.jpg

They don't have them if men, even if they've been drugged up and tinkered with a scapel, are allowed into those spaces.

By the way, I like the hint at personal information in your example.

I had a colleague who sometimes called me Roberta, not for any reason, it was just a tick he had which lasted for a while.

Didn't bother me much, but I was glad when he stopped doing it.

It's no secret here, or anywhere else I'm Bromptonaut, that my given name is Simon.

If I've said anything about you that crossed a line in terms of personal information I apologise.

Like you, I've had colleagues/friends who, for various reasons, feminise my name. Not a tic, they just think it's funny.

On the subject at hand, if you're saying natal men who've had 'bottom surgery' shouldn't be in female changing areas then that's where we disagree .

Yes, CRB checked with a sign outside saying 'Male cleaner at work'.

Can you grasp that it is having a male there at all that is the issue, not necessarily how much of their body is on display?

How often does it have to happen before it's a problem?

Again, erectile dysfunction does not make someone less male. Should all men with erectile dysfunction be allowed into women's spaces? If not, why not?

It's enough that they are there. Women shouldn't have to wait until a man is masturbating or whatever before your threshold of discomfort is reached and they have a right to complain.

No, it isn't. All men are equally male. Self ID makes it easier for dodgy men to enter women's spaces and services but the issue is bring male, not just their motivation. What is the difference between a male with a GRC, a male who has had surgery, a male on hormones, a male who can convincingly present as a woman, and every man on this forum? The answer is nothing. They are all equally male and that doesn't change regardless of how they dress, how they feel, or what piece of paper they have.

As I've said before the stuff above condenses where your thinking and mine are different.

I'm not changing and nor are you.

So, as the Woodentops used to say, there we must leave it...

Yougov from last year:
41% is not "the vast majority".

It's a minority.
Why didn't you put the whole results on? From the same YouGov survey, when respondants are asked the same question about transwomen's access to toilets and changing rooms for those who haven't had surgery, the support drops further:

Screenshot_20230720_222313_Chrome.jpg

So positive support is actually only 34 and 38%, but drops to 25 and 29% for those without surgery.

As I've said before the stuff above condenses where your thinking and mine are different. I'm not changing and nor are you. So, as the Woodentops used to say, there we must leave it...
Fair enough. Just still trying to get my head round the notion that how you dress or what body modifications you undertake can make any difference whatsoever to your right to access spaces set up for the opposite sex.

classic33

Why didn't you put the whole results on? From the same YouGov survey, when respondants are asked the same question about transwomen's access to toilets and changing rooms for those who haven't had surgery, the support drops further:

View attachment 4276
So positive support is actually only 34 and 38%, but drops to 25 and 29% for those without surgery.
There is still support there for them using the areas you don't want them in. Which is the opposite of what you've been saying.

multitool

Pharaoh

View attachment 4276

Doesn't make any difference. CRXAndy said "the vast majority" are against it.

Turns out it's a minority that are against it, surgery or not.

Obviously you'll now try and twist the figures because that is what you do.

CXRAndy

Guru
Doesn't make any difference. CRXAndy said "the vast majority" are against it.

Turns out it's a minority that are against it, surgery or not.

Obviously you'll now try and twist the figures because that is what you do.
My have been awake most of the night pondering- get some sleep :okay:

I see multifool has Ronnie Pickering for his idol. He was angry old fella who came to fame and fortune

Brexit was a win for remainers too

Top Bottom