General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
More Varoufakis-level bollocks.

There's no 'public' discussion because the public aren't interested in details. You aren't interested in details which is why your posts are full of trite phrases like "discredited ideology" with no attempt to explain what this means. You are winging it, and you know it.

Varoufakis has been correct about these things. He was calling this out as dangerous bullsh*t a decade ago.

The public do want details, more especially after the BS of the past 14 years. The only people winging it is Labour as they’re hoping no-one mentions that there’s no difference between them and the current shower of shysters.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Varoufakis has been correct about these things. He was calling this out as dangerous bullsh*t a decade ago.

The public do want details, more especially after the BS of the past 14 years. The only people winging it is Labour as they’re hoping no-one mentions that there’s no difference between them and the current shower of shysters.

Varoufakis is a populist. Absolutely not a serious person.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
...not to mention the glaring hole in your argument. If borrowing is consequence-free, why aren't the Tories doing it to fund excellent public serviceswhilst simultaneously offering tax cuts and in so doing offering an unassailable electoral package?

Not disagreeing with you, and, forgive my ignorance:

Wasn't Truss's "economic plan" just the other side of the same coin?, ie unfunded spending?

Does it actually matter what it is being spent on?, if it is unfunded

I know there is much talk of "investment in public services", but, in my little mind at least spending does not necessarily equal investment, it MAY be investment, but, there again, it may not.

Does anyone here, or, any where else, actually believe that "Economics" is a science with actual tested and proved theories?, rather than a guessing game, where frequently cause and effect are widely separated in time and thus, often fail to be correctly associated?

Mr Celine

Does it actually matter what it is being spent on?, if it is unfunded

Yes it does. Borrowing to fund the building of new schools, hospitals, and other infrastructure will cost the state less in the long run and lead to more economic activity.

Borrowing to replace current expenditure as a result of tax cuts for the wealthy will cost the state more in the long run.

multitool

He’s a highly respected Professor of Economics and has taught at several top universities worldwide.

Tell me how he’s not a serious person?
:laugh:

And with that you reveal just how little you know about Varoufakis. You didn't mention his tenure as Greek Finance minister, which lasted only a few months.

1717310080569.png

Oh dear! Billionaire hedge fund owners? Right wing think tanks?

Haven't they realised that theUK has had enough of these people buying influence over the past 14 years?

multitool

You do realise that the damage was caused by the previous Greek Government that turned tax evasion into the national sport.

I know what led up to the crisis, but I also know that Varoufakis made it worse by trying to play hardball, protracting the negotiations, and then losing them. He threatened Grexit, and the EU called his bluff.

Nice cherry picking though.

What? It's a graph demonstrating that Greek has made a strong economic recovery in spite of Varoufakis and not because of him. Varoufakis is, however, still very active telling his heavily curated version of events. The man is a narcissist.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Varoufakis has a PhD and is therefore equal in intelligence to Stella Creasy. That's how this works isn't it?

multitool

Varoufakis has a PhD and is therefore equal in intelligence to Stella Creasy. That's how this works isn't it?

I didn't mention intelligence with respect to Varoufakis. I said he's a populist and not a serious person. You'll do anything for a cheap point, eh.

Still, nice to see you are still butthurt about Creasy, though. ;)

Top Bottom