General Election 2024....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
Farage just lit the fuse, Cameron bottled-it with the referendum and Mogg and Boris well and truly farked-up delivery. Still, we held all the cards....

Politics is maintained as a fear-based system. Brexiteers, like fascists, exploited fear. Some continue to exploit the politics of fear through immigration, but now that's not enough on its own, we need new fears, hence the culture war extensions, asylum seekers, young people, disabled people, people who retire early, people who live too long, underpaid people, trans people, cyclists, etc.

Those politicians love FPTP because it is the fear-based system that enables them.

Beebo

Veteran
Immigration FFS....
Anbody else tired of hearing this bloody topic? It's zarked British politics for the last 14 or more years. It gave us Brexit, it's still the major focus. It's the UK's equivalent of Abortion 'policy' in the USA. It's not even in the top 10 list of things that are wrong with this country yet the meedja and the sheeple continually are 'othered' by it.
Fcking sick to death of it being the only show in town....

We were told by Farage at the time that Brexit was about sovereignty.
But now he tells us it was actually all about immigration all along.
The government can stop immigration any time they want to. They just know it would tank the economy

monkers

Legendary Member
The government can stop immigration any time they want to. They just know it would tank the economy

Exactly. Racism wrapped in a flag. In the process they (Farage and his acolytes) tarnished the British brand for the world to see.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I noticed the Green Party, accurately to me, describing Farage as being just like a crook and a conman.
No that much different to Trump. Interestingly I view Farage as the better bullshitter.

Trump managed to bullsh!t his way to being "leader of the free world" and looks set to manage it again.

He's got it down to an art form while Farage is still putting crayons up his nose and eating glue.

albion

Guru
Bully, not bull. His hate messages ensure oponents are deselected.
Trump even used hate as a weapon when he essentially scammed the Socttish government for land.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Politics is maintained as a fear-based system. Brexiteers, like fascists, exploited fear. Some continue to exploit the politics of fear through immigration, but now that's not enough on its own, we need new fears, hence the culture war extensions, asylum seekers, young people, disabled people, people who retire early, people who live too long, underpaid people, trans people, cyclists, etc.

Those politicians love FPTP because it is the fear-based system that enables them.

Politics is just like marketing and selling any other product, 'Fear and Greed' are the 2 main levers....

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Bully, not bull. His hate messages ensure oponents are deselected.
Trump even used hate as a weapon when he essentially scammed the Socttish government for land.

Well exactly. Trump knocks Farage out of the park when it comes to bullying and bullsh!t.

He wins his own game of cards.

albion

Guru
I do not know much of the maths, but how many Labour votes will Farage take, and how many off Conservative?

The turkeys did not know they voted for xmas so will many now move to Reform instead of Labour?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Good to see Farago getting some crap today. He refused to answer a question from the BBC this morning about how he thinks he'll win a seat this time when he's failed so many times before, he's had a pint thrown over him, he's been barracked at Clacton pier, maybe reality among the electorate is setting-in....

Or, as my colleagues and I said in 2016 tanking the economy would reduce immigration. Otherwise we'd still need people but they'd be more culturally different from EU folks not less.

craigwend

Do you Remember
Dear BBC, I'm Shocked and dismayed, surely it should be allegedly...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c6pp7yg0y3po

IMG_2278.jpeg

Top Bottom