Hellhounds

Should there be a ban on breeding, selling and owning XL Bullies?

• Maiming machines with no place in public space - ban them now.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • It's not the dogs, it's the owners! Here's a pic of my toddler sitting on my harmless land shark.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Never mind what kind, dogs in public should be muzzled and on leads.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • A ban sounds appealing, but it's bad law. I'll explain why and suggest alternatives below.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I'd like to see them banned, but I can't bring myself to back Suella Braverman.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ban all dogs over a certain weight
It’s temperament and training that matter, not just size. My 60 kg Newfies were entirely benign.

mudsticks

Squire
I never thought leopards would poo in my flowerbeds.
Screenshot_20230914-093033.png

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Thing is our pussers have just filled the apex predator slot, that was once populated by all the lions and tigers; pumas and jaguars; leopards and cheetahs; that were driven by man out of the leafy streets of suburbia.

So it's just the ecosystem rebalancing itself really 🤔

Plus free fertility in your flowerbeds..??
You should be thankful 👍🏼🏵️💮🌸🌷🌺🥀🌹

If you let dogs roam free like people do with cats then that might get rid of many of those sneaky little pussers and knock them off that top slot of predators.
Win win.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
If you let dogs roam free like people do with cats then that might get rid of many of those sneaky little pussers and knock them off that top slot of predators.
Win win.

Unlikely. I've yet to see a dog best a cat in any confrontation. My aunt used to have a huge German shepherd and a tiny wee cat. The dog knew it's place.

icowden

Legendary Member
Unlikely. I've yet to see a dog best a cat in any confrontation. My aunt used to have a huge German shepherd and a tiny wee cat. The dog knew it's place.
Indeed, when I was about 17 we had three Burmese cats - brother and sister and the son of the sister. The neighbours smallish terrier made the mistake of coming into our driveway and was soundly beaten up by the Burmese Mafia (it was run by the Sister cat aka the vicious one with the razor sharp claws - the Brother was just dopey muscle).

Rusty Nails

Country Member

The only gardens in our street that don't have a problem with cats using them as a thoroughfare or shitting in them are those with dogs.

Cats do have their place...companions and hot water bottles to those who can't get out much.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The only gardens in our street that don't have a problem with cats using them as a thoroughfare or shitting in them are those with dogs.

Cats do have their place...companions and hot water bottles to those who can't get out much.

The cats on your street must be rubbish then. I'll send over Tilly, Yoshi and Peach, they'll soon learn.

mudsticks

Squire
The XL Bullys owned by Bazza on the one side and Davo on the other will have them for tea...literally.

Maybe this should be the criteria for 'allowable' dogs...🤔

Can your average street-smart moggie best them in a fight.??

The cats round our way will very quickly let any visiting doggos know, exactly whose farm this is.

Ian H

Guru
E would quite like a cat, but doesn't want one that kills things. Fortunately (from my point of view) we have many cat-owning friends and relatives who, gleefully or regretfully, tell tales of half-eaten, dismembered prey brought into the house, and sometimes live birds or rodents let loose to hide under beds or cupboards.
The result of this is that, in renovating the back door, I have been allowed to remove the old cat-flap and fill in the hole.
But I mustn't look too pleased about it.

stephec

Regular
This has all gone a bit
"My dad's bigger than your dad"

That sounds better than, 'my pussy's bigger than your pussy, ' though.

On the subject of violent cats, not so long ago I was walking the dog and rounded the end of our road to see a fox screaming in terror as it was being chased by a cat.

Top Bottom