Hellhounds

Should there be a ban on breeding, selling and owning XL Bullies?

• Maiming machines with no place in public space - ban them now.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • It's not the dogs, it's the owners! Here's a pic of my toddler sitting on my harmless land shark.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Never mind what kind, dogs in public should be muzzled and on leads.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • A ban sounds appealing, but it's bad law. I'll explain why and suggest alternatives below.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I'd like to see them banned, but I can't bring myself to back Suella Braverman.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
E would quite like a cat, but doesn't want one that kills things. Fortunately (from my point of view) we have many cat-owning friends and relatives who, gleefully or regretfully, tell tales of half-eaten, dismembered prey brought into the house, and sometimes live birds or rodents let loose to hide under beds or cupboards.
The result of this is that, in renovating the back door, I have been allowed to remove the old cat-flap and fill in the hole.
But I mustn't look too pleased about it.

A cat of mine (Staff Sergeant Max Fightmaster) was particularly inept as an apex predator and would routinely bring half dead birds into the house, which had just enough in them to fly tamely around until I caught and dispatched of them. That was always a delight.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
The cat poop thing is a bit of a non discussion for me: generally, they're pretty neat and will bury theirs. Dogs don't, and some owners don't bother clearing up after them, or leave their wee bags as unwanted decorations in trees or bushes.

The birds thing is fair enough. One of my cats, Tango, used to have a particularly disgusting habit of catching and chomping seagulls, but leaving the wings as a delightful gift of her prowess by the back door. Not a discovery you want to step into barefooted on a dark morning when you're taking the bins out.

As for the dogs, I voted for the land shark option, just because it made me smile. I don't really think there's an easy solution, as I was taught pretty early on that dogs, no matter how docile or friendly they may seem, can lose the plot for any number of reasons.

How big is Tango? The Gulls in South Tyneside are bigger than the average cat!

AndyRM

Elder Goth
How big is Tango? The Gulls in South Tyneside are bigger than the average cat!

She ain't big, but she's fierce. Her hunting ground is North Tyneside, where the gulls are fatter and lazier.

The bigger cats I've had over the years are generally the less wild ones, despite being units.

FB_IMG_1688155069414.jpg

You can hide....but you can't run....

Chew-door style.

Don't mock it.....

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Two dogs killed a man in Walsall yesterday afternoon.
One man arrested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-66817795

From BBC national news this evening, it would appear he was a fellow cyclist. Not clear if he was actually cycling at the time of the attack.

Predictable off target response from Rishi.

Top Bottom