Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
Of course they are.

It's Kristallnacht

See, you're being anti semitic again.

icowden

Legendary Member
It was refreshing to hear a professional semite being put in his place for once.
It is admirable the way that James OB offers a big enough spade and a nice area to dig for his callers such that they fall into traps of their own making. Dawn Butler is now seeking legal advice I believe, after being libelled on national radio...

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
It is admirable the way that James OB offers a big enough spade and a nice area to dig for his callers such that they fall into traps of their own making. Dawn Butler is now seeking legal advice I believe, after being libelled on national radio...

He’s also a previous winner of student debating competitions.
he’s very good at making people look silly. And this is a prime example.
But sometimes he loves the process of winning the debate over the actual subject they are discussing.
He just loves himself too much.

C R

Über Member
But sometimes he loves the process of winning the debate over the actual subject they are discussing.
He was quite happy to join the Corbyn anti semitism pile on, but he doesn't like it much when it happens to him.

matticus

Guru

I don't listen to O'Brien (except when peeps link to him from elsewhere), but I did listen to his long interview by Sue Perkins. (recorded June 2020)
He came across as a decent fellow. EXCEPT ... he & Perkins both raved about Piers Morgan's great character. If this was a wind-up, well I fell for it, very convincing!

Having said that, sometimes on the radio show he DOES seem too keen to "win"; that clip was a bit "Look I'm smarter than you, here's why ... Now give me 10 less dumb words or get off the line."

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
Peter Oborne's take on the mess in Parliament.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrE2LeJqJHk

Sunak is now claiming some sort of growing consensus that mob rule is taking over.
What evidence does anyone have for this? I haven’t seen any.
The closest it gets is the EDL thugs and maybe a very few pro Hamas fools. But mob rule? No chance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68429902

multitool

Peter Oborne's take on the mess in Parliament.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrE2LeJqJHk

...except that Labour MPs have been sent out to defend the pro-Palestine marchers from the right-wing attacks, including high-profile jewish Labour MPs who make a point of citing their own racial identity.

These attacks are not new. Right from the start they were being labelled as "hate marches" by people like Braverman, or pro-Hamas by anyone representing the Israeli view.

However, there is the uncomfortable fact that Hamas will have representatives in the UK and they will be there at the marches, leading the chants, handing out placards and holding the megaphones and it is naive to think otherwise. That is not to say the participants are pro-Hamas.

It is clear that the Tories have had a slight change of tack, and are no longer invoking "the boats". What is happening now is a full-on othering of Muslims, probably generated by the right of the party, reflecting what is happening in the US, and is probably part of the internecine war within the Tory party with fringe members either trying to further fracture the party and accrue supporters for future leadership bids (remember it is the members who vote for leaders and they love this racist stuff) or the same people making moves for future jobs within the hard-right sphere. Either way, these people are fringe within the parliamentary party, but naturally the media loves a bit of outrage and therefore this is what is reported.

What is isn't is a reflection of reality, because the UK right has dived headfirst into Trumpian style post-truth politics.

Last edited:
Agreed but a full ceasefire with a two state solution, with a DMZ secured by troops from the Arab League, is the only way forward.

The Palestinian genocide stops, Palestine and Israel live in peace and we have the 2 state solution.
You woke up? i said exactly the same months ago when the intial proposal was tabled. Hamas was the first to refuse despite it would have given them a passage out and would have saved many palestian lives.. But Hamas doesn't care about palestinians, they only care about themselves and all the ones on the top of their organisation are safe and sound in Qatar..

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You woke up? i said exactly the same months ago when the intial proposal was tabled. Hamas was the first to refuse despite it would have given them a passage out and would have saved many palestian lives.. But Hamas doesn't care about palestinians, they only care about themselves and all the ones on the top of their organisation are safe and sound in Qatar..

That's utter bullsh!t.

Civilians had no safe way out of this at any point.

That's utter bullsh!t.

Civilians had no safe way out of this at any point.
Is it? if that ceasefire deals with Hamas out and arab league forces in would have been signed off months ago like i said then and now, the war would have stopped at that point, if an violent conflict is lasting shorter in general it leads to less casualties right?

In addition that Hamas doesn't care about civilians are their own words, their are many sources and different interviews in which they say that, but i linked one below that quotes Mousa Abu Marzouk, a senior member of the Hamas politburo..
https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/1...o-use-palestinian-civilians-as-human-shields/

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
In addition that Hamas doesn't care about civilians are their own words, their are many sources and different interviews in which they say thathttps://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/1...o-use-palestinian-civilians-as-human-shields/

Whether Hamas care about civilians is not an issue. They are a terrorist organisation so have far less obligations than a sovereign state.

It is Isreal who are killing civilians and need to be taking extra care not to unnecessarily kill civilians, as they are a UN country who have to play by the rules of international conflict.

Top Bottom