Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"The SNP are taking a purely principled sstane"

...says literally nobody.

All the commentary, whether from politicians or pundits, is recognising the SNP game-playing.

Really!? Care to share this ‘commentary’ as I get my news from various sources and no-one is saying this.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Really!? Care to share this ‘commentary’ as I get my news from various sources and no-one is saying this.

The first four news items I clicked on. There are scores of them

Screenshot_20240226_213210_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_212853_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_213034_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_212946_Samsung Internet.jpg

The first four news items I clicked on. There are scores of them

View attachment 5536

View attachment 5537

View attachment 5538

View attachment 5539

The only trouble here is Labour’s fault. I don’t see how the SNP, who have a long standing policy of calling for a ceasefire, are responsible for Labour’s internal issues. See my post yesterday, which points out how Starmer’s responsible for this mess and why this cannot be the SNP’s fault.

The Guardian’s attempt at blaming the SNP for this smacks of desperation. They have also failed to mention the SNP reaching out to Labour ahead of another Gaza vote to reach a consensus.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/2...ur-libdems-ahead-gaza-ceasefire-debate-redux/

Not likely to work as Starmer is too much of a control freak.

Can you post the entire articles please and not just cherry pick short paragraphs? I just need to see if it’s the same articles I’m posting about.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

Rusty Nails

Country Member
The only trouble here is Labour’s fault. I don’t see how the SNP, who have a long standing policy of calling for a ceasefire, are responsible for Labour’s internal issues. See my post yesterday, which points out how Starmer’s responsible for this mess and why this cannot be the SNP’s fault.

The Guardian’s attempt at blaming the SNP for this smacks of desperation. They have also failed to mention the SNP reaching out to Labour ahead of another Gaza vote to reach a consensus.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/2...ur-libdems-ahead-gaza-ceasefire-debate-redux/

Not likely to work as Starmer is too much of a control freak.

Can you post the entire articles please and not just cherry pick short paragraphs? I just need to see if it’s the same articles I’m posting about.

Of course the SNP are not responsible for Labour's internal problems...Labour have never needed outside help with those.

But this Westminster bubble furore over the ceasefire vote fiasco is just British politics in action. It is perfectly possible for the SNP to strongly believe in the moral argument for an immediate ceasefire, and at the same time see an opportunity to make a bit of mischief for the Party that will probably be their main opposition in Scotland. It is cynical and it is probably not the 'nice' thing to do, but British politics (and those of most other countries) have adopted the first and given up on the second of those two concepts for a long time.

It's Realpolitik in action...live with it, it's here to stay.

Last edited:

multitool

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
If they're as far South as Rafah then by next week they'll presumably be done.

multitool

If they're as far South as Rafah then by next week they'll presumably be done.

Depends what "done" means.

The issue for Israel is that Egypt do not seem willing to open the gates. If they did, Israel would bomb the Palestinians across the border.

Israel may want to confine the entire population to a new refugee camp in Rafah, thereby creating the possibility of a buffer zone between the Palestinians and the Israeli border.
It seems unlikely that they will allow them back to Gaza City.

The only certainty is that not only will they not destroy Hamas, but they have created the conditions for greater grievances and the possibility of something worse. They have likely alienated a significant portion of the rest of the world in the process as well.

Top Bottom