Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
I do wonder about the aid looting. It is comparatively orderly in countries with wever famine.
So is the looting by Hamas to feed Hamas? Queueing is certainly not a Hamas option.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I do wonder about the aid looting. It is comparatively orderly in countries with wever famine.
So is the looting by Hamas to feed Hamas? Queueing is certainly not a Hamas option.

A civilian pickup truck with a mounted machine gun is known as a 'technical'. This is (reportedly) because you can't invoice for a bribe to a local warlord, so it has to be recorded as a 'technical assistance grant'. You've got to work with what's in front of you and that might involve writing off a certain amount of aid, or working with a local organisation whose politics you are not in agreement with. It might not be pleasant but if it's for the benefit of people in dire straits then it could be necessary. It seems obvious to me that aid agencies are by definition working in less than ideal circumstances but some commentators seem to be demanding they work to impossible standards.

Reactions: C R
WTAF? Did you actually read what he'd written? Because you've got a wild take on it.
Not really wild, i just base myself on his regular way of posting, the nazi way..
Unfortunately I just clicked on it and read Dutchie's post.

Ultimately, you can't cure people's mental disorders online, all you can do is feed them, and I choose to not.
I don't beleive you, you're attention horny i bet i just made you cum you dirty pervert

Are you farking blind and deaf?

They have concentrated the majority of the 2.3 million people living in Gaza into one corner of that walled camp and are relentlessly bombing the fark out of it.
Not the same in any way.

Israeli settlers and the IDF have been murdering palestinian civilians pretty much on a daily basis for decades, and continue to do so, so even without the slaughter in Gaza, there are regular killings. Of course unlike 7/10, those deaths barely get mentioned in the media.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqVutFavYUI

True but also very much a separate conflict, also not one sided, there is a lot of unpublished killing from both sides. However my remark was aimed at the response to the October 7 attacks.

A civilian pickup truck with a mounted machine gun is known as a 'technical'. This is (reportedly) because you can't invoice for a bribe to a local warlord, so it has to be recorded as a 'technical assistance grant'. You've got to work with what's in front of you and that might involve writing off a certain amount of aid, or working with a local organisation whose politics you are not in agreement with. It might not be pleasant but if it's for the benefit of people in dire straits then it could be necessary. It seems obvious to me that aid agencies are by definition working in less than ideal circumstances but some commentators seem to be demanding they work to impossible standards.
So in other words, exactly what the UNRWA is doing but denies.. yeah ok they employees became part of the terrorist but small details right?

So in other words, exactly what the UNRWA is doing but denies.. yeah ok they employees became part of the terrorist but small details right?

The small detail being that the UNWRA allegations are utter shite as proven by several media organisations.

No surprise that these allegations came the day after the ICJ ruling against Israel.

CXRAndy

Veteran
The small detail being that the UNWRA allegations are utter shite as proven by several media organisations.

No surprise that these allegations came the day after the ICJ ruling against Israel.

But we are saving millions on spades and concrete for tunnels

multitool

Shaman

Screenshot_20240303_101016_Samsung Internet.jpg

Top Bottom