Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This could be "interesting".....

I assumed it was brought down by a missile but it sounds like a run of the mill heli crash in heavy fog. Celebratory fireworks in Tehran from the populace last night apparently.

It depends who is waiting in the wings. Could be better, could be worse.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Probably not any better, but it would be hard to be worse.

I assumed it was brought down by a missile but it sounds like a run of the mill heli crash in heavy fog. Celebratory fireworks in Tehran from the populace last night apparently.

It depends who is waiting in the wings. Could be better, could be worse.

Agree, looks like what aviators call Controlled Flight into Terrain. Clouds with hard centres.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Agree, looks like what aviators call Controlled Flight into Terrain. Clouds with hard centres.

News is that decades of sanctions and consequent lack of parts have resulted in very poor air safety in Iran. Plus helicopters have far higher maintenance requirements than fix-wing planes.

News is that decades of sanctions and consequent lack of parts have resulted in very poor air safety in Iran. Plus helicopters have far higher maintenance requirements than fix-wing planes.
They are flying in old junk in circumstances that even moderns helicopters with advanced radars, altitude control devices and whatnot would find challenging. But if it's due to old parts good then the sanctions have their desired effect the world is a better place without that now death president. Just a pity that his successor will most likely be just as bad.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
ICC seeks arrest warrants for Nuttyahoo and the Hamas leader.

Let's see how the Americans, as they love a war criminal and refuse to have anything to do with the ICC, react to this.

I can't see this having much mileage to be honest, although I'd like it to.

Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
We have our answer and nobdy should be surprised. I would like to see any other country in the world being able to do this and get away with it. Why does Israel have such a hold over the USA? Does the USA enjoy war crimes being committed as long as Muslims are the ones getting hurt?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/20/biden-icc-warrant-netanyahu

https://www.thenational.scot/news/2...-statement-icc-seeks-arrest-warrant-netanyah/

People are utter scum. :sad:

"getting away with it" is a long game, perpetrators may yet face justice, but, I don't think Israel is the only country/organisation/group which has, or is, abused/abusing human rights, and, "got away with it".

For clarity, that is not condoning such actions, regardless of the religion/ethnicity of the victims.

https://geneva-academy.ch/galleries/today-s-armed-conflicts

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You do realise that the ICC are after the Hamas leadership as well.

Also, Dr Phil is a f@ckwit conspiracy theorist and Trump fan so I’ll pass on watching the video. My sanity (what’s left of it) is too precious.

He's a Doctor in name only these days too, he stopped renewing his license to practise ages ago.

Top Bottom