Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
These words were published yesterday in The Atlantic.

20240527_102040.jpg

Ian H

Legendary Member
These words were published yesterday in The Atlantic.

View attachment 5996

It was Rabin, long ago, who said 'break their bones' of kids who threw stones at IDF soldiers. Of course the soldiers sometimes just shot them.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
A friend of my fiancée works with MSF and is currently over in Gaza. She's shared some pretty horrific stories, not just about what's happening to people but also the general attitude of the IDF.

For balance, she's also been critical of Hamas and has mentioned colleagues who've felt threatened by people they've treated.

Reactions: C R

Chromatic

It's just not cricket, is it?

The Crofted Crest

Just some Nazi descendants marching in support of genocide

Woah, TC!

I have quite a lot of German friends (I'll be getting drunk with a couple of them tomorow night). Their perception of antisemitism, WWII, the state of Israel, und zo weiter is completely different from ours (taking a liberty with you there). Those picked out in support of Israel have a deep unresolved guilt.

May your god go with you.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Woah, TC!

I have quite a lot of German friends (I'll be getting drunk with a couple of them tomorow night). Their perception of antisemitism, WWII, the state of Israel, und zo weiter is completely different from ours (taking a liberty with you there). Those picked out in support of Israel have a deep unresolved guilt.

May your god go with you.

Point taken. Not quite WG Sebald, tho, is it?

Top Bottom