Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Kinell. I'd hate to see it when you weren't trying.
then i wouldn't be posting, something you should try, just go do something else if you have nothing to say.. considering your post history might as well log-out

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Really, :banghead:

it's war. At least a warning was given.

Did the innocent Israeli people get the same warning before Hamas went on a murdering spree?

Yeah you can post all kind of facts, they keep on saying it's Isreals fault

I thought you said it was a Palestinian rocket. If that was the case then they wouldn't get a warning would they? As far as I can tell Andy is suggesting that it was indeed an Israeli airstrike but he's fine with it.

matticus

Guru
Interesting conclusions about the hospital being discussed depending on which evidence you look at.

Analysis of Israeli propaganda tends to lean heavily towards an Israeli airstrike. Analysis of the damage now daylight has come tends to lean heavily towards a Palestinian rocket misfire.

How's that for balance?

:biggrin: Yes, OK, good balance - job at the Beeb awaits!

I cannot be arsed in looking into the 2nd bit of analysis*, but I did dig around the [bold] first:
Did you find any primary sources? The closest I got was the Israeli activist/journo/whatever who claimed to be spreading the news he saw on Reuters, and within 10 minutes deleted his tweet with an apology. Everyone else (a lot of people) are just re-re-quoting "someone" on the Israeli side. It's obviously a very reasonable version of events to believe without questioning [see Claudine's Razor upthread]; but that doesn't make it true.

*I try to avoid the people on the internet who are experts in rockets, trajectories, craters, blood spatter, calibres ...

C R

Über Member
Why does that matter?

It does to a certain extent. Your native language determines to a large extent how you express your thoughts, and it takes a long time to get used to express your thoughts in the structure that a second language requires.

I am not a native English speaker, and I often catch myself having to rethink how I am going to say something. It often happens that certain expressions with an obvious meaning in a certain language can't be translated literally, and I think to an extent that is what we are seeing here, the words are being translated, but not their meaning.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
:biggrin: Yes, OK, good balance - job at the Beeb awaits!

I cannot be arsed in looking into the 2nd bit of analysis*, but I did dig around the [bold] first:
Did you find any primary sources? The closest I got was the Israeli activist/journo/whatever who claimed to be spreading the news he saw on Reuters, and within 10 minutes deleted his tweet with an apology. Everyone else (a lot of people) are just re-re-quoting "someone" on the Israeli side. It's obviously a very reasonable version of events to believe without questioning [see Claudine's Razor upthread]; but that doesn't make it true.

*I try to avoid the people on the internet who are experts in rockets, trajectories, craters, blood spatter, calibres ...

Oh yeah, it's a fantastic exercise in bias as that tweet was deleted either because it was correct, or because it was incorrect, depending on your preconceptions. The other analysis seems based on either discrediting footage of alleged rocket launches or looking at Israeli communication through the night and how it fits into previous patterns of propaganda.

I quite like the nerdy OSINT guys.

Really, :banghead:

it's war. At least a warning was given.

Did the innocent Israeli people get the same warning before Hamas went on a murdering spree?

The logical conclusion of that line of argument is that had the Israelis been warned you'd be cool about what happened to them.

Reactions: C R

bobzmyunkle

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything of what he says, I'm just pointing out the reason for how he says it.
Fair enough. Do you think his inability to comprehend others works in a similar way? Saying others don't care about the deaths of Jews is just another attempt to demonise any criticism of Israel in my view. I have to assume he fully understands what he's doing.

Top Bottom