Leadership debate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It's an utterly bizarre take. Every move he's made since he bullshat his way into the job has been to deliberately antagonise vast swathes of the Labour movement. This is not a man trying to tread carefully.

I know, and the Labour Party used to be such a harmonious group before he came along.

2 ronnies.jpg

:laugh:

Once a Wheeler

What was:
1971: Edward Heath and Anthony Barber; dash for growth.
1972: The Barber Boom.
1973: Yom Kippur War, oil crisis.
1974: Three-day week, stagflation, pound plummets on currency markets. Five drab years ending in the Winter of Discontent.

What if?
2022: Liz Truss and chancellor unknown; dash for growth.
2023: Nation emerging from pandemic restocks the larder and nearly pays its fuel bills.
2024: Continuing war in Ukraine, continuing fuel crisis.
2025: Recession, stagflation, pound plummets, trade declines, Scottish Independence, Northern Ireland joins the Republic, King Charles abdicates, EU launches humanitarian aid programme for England.

Last edited:

All uphill

What was:
1971: Edward Heath and Anthony Barber; dash for growth.
1972: The Barber Boom.
1973: Yom Kippur War, oil crisis.
1974: Three-day week, stagflation, pound plummets on currency markets. Five drab years ending in the Winter of Discontent.

What if?
2022: Liz Truss and chancellor unknown; dash for growth.
2023: Nation emerging from pandemic restocks the larder and nearly pays its fuel bills.
2024: Continuing war in Ukraine, continuing fuel crisis.
2025: Recession, stagflation, pound plummets, trade declines, Scottish Independence, Northern Ireland joins the Republic, King Charles abdicates, EU launches humanitarian aid programme for England.

Sounds about right to me.

The part I find gloomiest is the potential for a return to major civil unrest in NI.

I've not listened carefully, but has either candidate had anything to say about NI?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
To busy taking lumps out of each other.

100% true…..nice to see blue on blue bludgering each other though, makes for good viewing and just shows them up the odious pair that they are

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Alternatively, he's in the heart of the Stockbroker Belt, telling the necessary handful of Tory party members precisely what they want to hear in order to secure their votes. And everyone else can fück off and die. Literally.

Surprisingly, securing votes is rather essential, if you wish to win an election, it could even be regarded as a key skill, for a Politician IMHO.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Surprisingly, securing votes is rather essential, if you wish to win an election, it could even be regarded as a key skill, for a Politician IMHO.

Well yes. My point, which evidently needs clarification, is that Mr Sunak is not remotely concerned by the toweringly grotesque optics of this comment - ergo, it is not the spectacular, career-crushing gaffe that an awful lot of people seem to imagine it is.

He really does not care, or even pretend to do so - and in its own funny little way, this is an almost disarmingly honest comment from such a ruthless, venal, career-fixated psychopath.

Top Bottom