Lee Anderson is 'very angry' - a thread for all Lee Anderson's ire....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
I can't see much of a clamour for Truss to resign. She's a bit of a non-entity, so I would be surprised if Sunak stirs the pot when there is no imperative to do so.
Plus she only has a maximum of 10 months left as an MP anyway in all likelihood...

C R

Über Member
Plus she only has a maximum of 10 months left as an MP anyway in all likelihood...

How safe is her seat?

multitool

Shaman
How safe is her seat?

It's South West Norfolk, so prime gammon zone. As such there's an ever present danger of Reform, but their actual electoral success is markedly different to opinion polling.

I'm certain she'll hold on.

Reactions: C R

icowden

Legendary Member
How safe is her seat?

On the one hand - very safe. On the other hand, she is Liz Truss, the woman that trashed the economy and is now associating with crazed conspiracy theorists. It'll be interesting to see whether she still has support or not...

I wonder if a lettuce will run against her...

icowden

Legendary Member
On the one hand - very safe. On the other hand, she is Liz Truss, the woman that trashed the economy and is now associating with crazed conspiracy theorists. It'll be interesting to see whether she still has support or not...

I wonder if a lettuce will run against her...

I note that at one point polling had her down to only a 7% lead over the Labour candidate (I think it's now bounced back to about 18% - but there is still time!). Given that she had 69% of the vote share to labour's 18.1% in the 2019 election, that's quite the turnaround...

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
As predicted, he’s jumped ship, yet again, this time to Reform.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68532602

The defection ends weeks of speculation about the Ashfield MP and TV presenter's future.
Mr Anderson said he had been given the chance to "speak out in Parliament on behalf of millions of people up and down the country" who support Reform.
Speaking at a press conference, Mr Anderson said he was "prepared to gamble on myself" because he knows "how many people support Reform and what they have to say".
"All I want is my country back," he added.

Back from whom?

ebikeerwidnes

Looks like 30p has joined Reform

I am looking at the telly and he is doing a Press Conference with Richard thingy

I thought he said he wasn't going to do that???
must get my memory tested

anyway - very disappointed in the press - no-one asked him how much he was paid to transfer
THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!!!!!

multitool

Shaman
The irritating thing is how much media coverage this will get. Its way out of line with Reform's actually constituency...but of course the publicity may enlarge the constituency.

I'm not actually against this, because if Reform steal votes from the Tories and fail to win seats then its a win-win.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
As predicted, he’s jumped ship, yet again, this time to Reform.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68532602

The defection ends weeks of speculation about the Ashfield MP and TV presenter's future.
Mr Anderson said he had been given the chance to "speak out in Parliament on behalf of millions of people up and down the country" who support Reform.
Speaking at a press conference, Mr Anderson said he was "prepared to gamble on myself" because he knows "how many people support Reform and what they have to say".
"All I want is my country back," he added.

Back from whom?

Shocked!

Back from 'The Extremists' of course, tsk....pls pay attention at the back....

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
The irritating thing is how much media coverage this will get. Its way out of line with Reform's actually constituency...but of course the publicity may enlarge the constituency.

I'm not actually against this, because if Reform steal votes from the Tories and fail to win seats then its a win-win.

Life's much simpler when we have all the racist self-gratification artists and general farkwits all in one place....

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

In this area, they appear in danger of stealing votes from Labour, since there are virtually no Tory votes. Worrying.

Top Bottom