Lee Anderson is 'very angry' - a thread for all Lee Anderson's ire....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
And the inability/unwillingness of Starmer to differentiate himself from the tories.

Whilst I 100% agree, with the lead he has in the polls right now, why screw it up?
Am hoping Starmer's playing the long game and we will get a gradual shift leftward and EUward once Labour are firmly in the driving seat...
Appreciate it's a big hope!

multitool

Shaman
And the inability/unwillingness of Starmer to differentiate himself from the tories.

I think that is highly unlikely.

Reform voters will be anti-immigration, anti 'woke', full on into culture war.

Explain to me how Starmer can differentiate himself from the Tories more than he already is and appeal to these people.

D

Deleted member 121

Mr Anderson is a Labour plant. Sure it cost Labour a seat but look at the damage he's done to the Cons and he can do no more now and so defect to Reform to ensure Cons lose Ashfield (probably). Lee Anderson is worth every penny he earns... an absolute genius.

C R

Über Member
There's an open door for an attack on Sunak with this. Sunak made his Deputy Chairman. Certainly calls into question his judgement.

But will labour actually push on it?

C R

Über Member
I think that is highly unlikely.

Reform voters will be anti-immigration, anti 'woke', full on into culture war.

Explain to me how Starmer can differentiate himself from the Tories more than he already is and appeal to these people.

I've been ruminating a considered answer to that point, but Frances Ryan does a better job in here

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/12/keir-starmer-labour-poor-sick-disabled-tory

Basically, both the tories and labour have been shoving a baseball bat wrapped in razor wire up the ärse of the most disadvantaged in society. Neither labour nor the tories are listening, and all labour can bring itself to do is offer some diluted lidocaine to numb the pain a bit. Is it any wonder that people would listen to someone who cares, even if the concern is fake?

Top Bottom