Liz Truss - the first 100 days....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
Because he’s a fine example that some people can act against their own self interest

I wouldn't say that acting to help your fellow humans achieve a decent standard of living is against your own interest, at least not in the medium to long term.

I'm speaking as a retired business owner. We employed up to 16 people with a turnover of more than £1.5m. If I had my time again I'd make it a co-operative.

We live and learn.

ebikeerwidnes

Nadine Doris is apparently resigning from the cabinet - before she is pushed

But she has no intention of asking for or accepting (!!) another job because
according to sources
she is expecting johnson to give her a peerage

which will trigger a by-election

and - other sources are apparently saying
there will be quite a lot of peerages being given out as johnson leaves

therefore - potentially - quite a few by-elections

and - with the chaos of the last few weeks and the months before that - the results are probably going to be 'disappointing" for the Tories

which will be a great way to sabotage Truss's first few months in the job

makes you think johnson might be laying the path for a return by making Truss look as bad as possible maybe????

CWS.

C62110D4-F3DC-4D71-9532-2270BF43D9B3.jpeg

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
If I had my time again I'd make it a co-operative.
We don't have our time again though, and you didn't. It's easy to say that nice and comfortable, in a nice house with a big wedge of cash in the bank isn't it?

D

Deleted member 28

I wouldn't say that acting to help your fellow humans achieve a decent standard of living is against your own interest, at least not in the medium to long term.

I'm speaking as a retired business owner. We employed up to 16 people with a turnover of more than £1.5m. If I had my time again I'd make it a co-operative.

We live and learn.

Cudda, wudda shudda.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Nicely aggressive comment there. I assume you don't want to be friends.

It wasn't aggressive, simply pointing out that as a reasonably rich retired man who has a comfortable life who didn't do something, it is easy to say you would if you had your time again. You didn't though, you made choices to get your business to a turnover north of £1.5m, some of which would have been good for your business and for you, but not your employees.

The issue with many of you on here is that if a small group of us say something and you immediately perceive it as an attack or an insult. Personally I see no problem in the choices you made, you did what was right for you in the climate and the situation you found yourself in, now you can be happily retired, comfortable and with less stress than many. I would say that you should look back on your life and career as a success.

You could of course reach out to your past employees and share your wealth with them, in a more cooperative fashion? My guess is that you won't though.

I would more than happy to be friends with you and go on a ride, our political differences should easily be put aside, I am happy to arrange a nice social ride in the Somerset/Devon area with you, me, @Fab Foodie , @All uphill and whoever else who is local and wants to come along. There you go, gauntlet down.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Why on earth does it matter where @Fab Foodie lives?

As for Truss, I did say that I thought it would be a lot closer than people seemed to think.

58% is hardly a vote of confidence, I don't see her lasting very long. Be funny if it had only been 52%...

They're just as bad as each other, only in different ways.

Well it's no secret that I recently moved to Devon.
Previously Kent, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Sweden, South London, Devon where I wuz born.
What this has to do with Toxic Truss and her first 100 days is beyond me....

Top Bottom