Liz Truss - the first 100 days....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Yes, it's what Starmers been working on!
But the Tory faithful believe Boris has talismanic properties, and they need time for him to exert his charm and lead them to Nirvana....

You are not wrong there. I am amazed, on National and Local News, at how many members of the public when asked, said "bring back Boris. Then, last night, in the club, the general consensus was for Boris. Incredible.

Something tells me that he doesn't like her.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIh7XJVxCAY

D

Deleted member 28

You are not wrong there. I am amazed, on National and Local News, at how many members of the public when asked, said "bring back Boris. Then, last night, in the club, the general consensus was for Boris. Incredible.

Same in our local Nuno and Boris so a double whammy.

Mugshot

Über Member

Bazzer

At last, a genuine reason to go to Spalding...
Before their demise
Pre the Brexit vote, Mrs B and I went there for a couple of family funerals. The frequency of openly racist comments, from both family and non family members, was embarrassing.
Eastern Europeans seemed to be the main butt of of comments, but pretty much any non British or non white skin seemed to be "fair game". Which, given the town had for generations, relied heavily upon tenant agricultural labourers with no security and migrant workers who helped with harvesting, sorting/packing bulbs and later other crops, I couldn't get my head around.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Pre the Brexit vote, Mrs B and I went there for a couple of family funerals. The frequency of openly racist comments, from both family and non family members, was embarrassing.
Eastern Europeans seemed to be the main butt of of comments, but pretty much any non British or non white skin seemed to be "fair game". Which, given the town had for generations, relied heavily upon tenant agricultural labourers with no security and migrant workers who helped with harvesting, sorting/packing bulbs and later other crops, I couldn't get my head around.

Coming over here, picking our food for us, who do they think they are...bloody foreigners.....

Salty seadog

:eek:

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1583836182781517830

Boris loves England, by killing 200,000 during Covid. And does this eejit realise that whoever is in no10 makes decisions that affect Scotland and Wales? Not just England.

Keep your foreign nose out of our business.... :rolleyes:

Salty seadog

FB_IMG_1666896071063.jpg

stowie

It wasn’t her fault, folks, it was those notoriously lefty currency and bond traders that “should have respected her mandate.”

View attachment 3035

She is out of her tiny, tiny mind.

This argument reminds me of the one about communism not having failed but not been implemented properly. Brexiteers are using the same argument about Brexit these days. It isn't that the idea is shoot, it is that it wasn't done properly, or hijacked by shady vested interest.

I wonder if she is delusional enough to think she can make a political comeback. Johnson is trying the same trick, but he might have some chance of it paying off - I cannot imagine Truss ever managing to rehabilitate her reputation. Although stranger things have happened. Like her becoming PM in the first place.

I think all this may be the madder headbangers in the Tory party trying to resurrect their puppet who was supposed to lead the UK into the promised land of low tax, deregulation and hard Brexit. A pox on all of them. Every last one of them is a daffodil.

Top Bottom