Liz Truss - the first 100 days....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
18-55-53-FoTNkKCWAAI-hM4.jpg

multitool

Shaman
.One of my favourite memories is playing trumpet in the school orchestra in secondary school.

I wasn't far off then ;)

stowie

I had violin lessons as a child. It was dispiriting.

I played the violin and passed Grade 6 before giving it up. On occasion I still (unintentionally) made the noise of bow on wrapped strings.

I did try playing the trumpet once or twice. I succeeded in getting it to make a series of loud squeaky farting noises, which I could do anyway without the use of a musical instrument.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
I played the violin and passed Grade 6 before giving it up. On occasion I still (unintentionally) made the noise of bow on wrapped strings.

I did try playing the trumpet once or twice. I succeeded in getting it to make a series of loud squeaky farting noises, which I could do anyway without the use of a musical instrument.

I played in youth orchestras and never heard a trumpeter pronounce the word embouchure properly despite going on and on about it. There must be something about the trumpet that makes it impossible to say.

icowden

Legendary Member
I played in youth orchestras and never heard a trumpeter pronounce the word embouchure properly despite going on and on about it.
I hadn't encountered the word until I took up the trumpet. My trumpet teacher pronounced it ombra-shore. It was only many years later that I learned that the word is actually embouchure (om-boo-shore).

I hadn't encountered the word until I took up the trumpet. My trumpet teacher pronounced it ombra-shore. It was only many years later that I learned that the word is actually embouchure (om-boo-shore).

My trumpet teacher, Mr Percy, said it as um-brochure. Wind instrument lessons were given in the cricket pavilion, well away from the main school.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
My trumpet teacher, Mr Percy, said it as um-brochure. Wind instrument lessons were given in the cricket pavilion, well away from the main school.

Your school had a cricket pavilion? Levelled up then were you? ;)

Ian H

Guru
Embrocher is 'spit', but as in a skewer for spit-roasting rather than expectoration.

Top Bottom