Liz Truss - the first 100 days....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not in this area they didn’t, most didn’t even have indoor toilets 😊

Never did you any harm, I bet.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Will we all bloody should have.

I didn't say otherwise. Just stating how it was, in my childhood, behind the Red Wall.

Salty seadog

This is the problem. It’s been normalised that the bare basics is all we should really expect from state education and if you want more for your kids you should either be paying privately or, if you’re able to buy a house in the catchment, pretending to follow a religious faith.

As with so many of the English ills I lay it at the door of the class system which is so ingrained. Old money and the wannabe new money holding down and punching down respectively.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Didn't we all have a cricket pavilion, tennis courts and a swimming pool at school? To be fair the swimming pool was outdoor, like the tennis courts.
maxresdefault.jpg

bobzmyunkle

Kids today, don't know how lucky they are. And that's before we get to the secondary school compulsory communal showers with the p.e. teacher joining us in them. We did have a sports field and cricket pavillion though. Different times.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
We had indoor toilets. They were across the schoolyard but they had a roof over them so technically indoors.

This was my school.

cyfarthfa_castle_crown_copyright_2014_visit_wales_2.jpg

Top Bottom