New Covid Variant (Omicron). two cases found in UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Went to my first gig since before the pandemic last week - everyone was masked, as in Scotland it's still mandatory indoors (unless you're Bodger at Cop26, of course). It wasn't a problem at all, completely used to it now & looked like everyone else was too. In fairness though 2m social distancing's a non-starter under the circumstances, but I'd say people seemed a lot more respectful of personal space than in the Before Times.

Apropos of nothing, a few years back there was a videogame called 'Omikron - The Nomad Soul'. Notable for featuring a digitised version of David Bowie performing songs he composed for the game.

...I did say "apropos of nothing", didn't I? ^_^
Why would you even want to go to a concert wearing a mask? All singing along with your faces covered, how about having a pint?

fozy tornip

fozympotent
.... how about having a pint?
Sorry, I'm washing my hair tonight.

D

Deleted member 28

I went to pubs and sporting events and it was fine at the ones that geared up for it. Some of the pubs made an utter shoot show of it, though. Maybe all the ones you went to got it wrong, which is your bad luck or possibly misjudgment.

Or maybe by "mixing with people" you mean manhandling them, in which case, no, that's not possible at 2m distance and that's a good thing!

I don't remember right now if I went to a concert during any restrictions. I've found that restrictions make work, food shopping and medical care take longer - all of which are much more essential than pubs, sport or concerts IMO - so it's possible I didn't find time to go to a concert. Oh well, if it extends some lives among the older generation, it's worth it!
You telling me you went to a stadium and stood/sat 2m apart?

There were no sporting events on or concerts except the odd few so called 'test events ' and they were terrible, no atmosphere and could only sit in your 'bubble ' and yes I did go to one before you ask.
As for pubs, if you enjoyed only sitting with members of your family and having to sit across the room or have a screen between you and your mates then I suppose you didn't mind, I thought it was cr*p, don't even start on the booking system and time slot allocation!

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Why would you even want to go to a concert wearing a mask? All singing along with your faces covered, how about having a pint?
So if you'd bought tickets for a gig & it turned out wearing a mask was required, you'd go "sod that, I'm staying home" & just chuck them in the bin? Seriously?

Singing while masked is no different to talking, and while I don't tend to drink at gigs, it looked like other people were managing OK without getting too confused, upset or angry. It maybe just takes practice and a little bit of patience. 🙂

D

Deleted member 28

So if you'd bought tickets for a gig & it turned out wearing a mask was required, you'd go "sod that, I'm staying home" & just chuck them in the bin? Seriously?

Singing while masked is no different to talking, and while I don't tend to drink at gigs, it looked like other people were managing OK without getting too confused, upset or angry. It maybe just takes practice and a little bit of patience. 🙂
No, because the concert would have more than likely been rescheduled the option to have your money back is available, we have tickets to see what's left of Queen at the O2 next year that's been cancelled twice.
You can try and take the p*ss all you like about being confused, it's not me up changes his identity from one forum to the next, but I find it a big infringement so wouldn't partake.

mjr

You telling me you went to a stadium and stood/sat 2m apart?
No, I went to a sporting event, not the theatre pretending to be sport to fleece fools who won't accept it is play-acting.

There were no sporting events on or concerts except the odd few so called 'test events ' and they were terrible, no atmosphere and could only sit in your 'bubble ' and yes I did go to one before you ask.
I thought that only applied to enclosed events.

As for pubs, if you enjoyed only sitting with members of your family and having to sit across the room or have a screen between you and your mates then I suppose you didn't mind, I thought it was cr*p, don't even start on the booking system and time slot allocation!
That was all the choice of you or the publican, so your choice to drink there. Not our fault if you like pubs run stupidly.

Perdonally, I like sitting outside and I think that was basically unrestricted when pubs were allowed to open, except for one period where it was groups of six even outdoors. Even that was not much restriction when you could change six a few times a day, possibly unwisely but legally. Much less serious a problem than covid deaths, isn't it?

D

Deleted member 28

No, I went to a sporting event, not the theatre pretending to be sport to fleece fools who won't accept it is play-acting.

I thought that only applied to enclosed events.

That was all the choice of you or the publican, so your choice to drink there. Not our fault if you like pubs run stupidly.

Perdonally, I like sitting outside and I think that was basically unrestricted when pubs were allowed to open, except for one period where it was groups of six even outdoors. Even that was not much restriction when you could change six a few times a day, possibly unwisely but legally. Much less serious a problem than covid deaths, isn't it?
What is it you're actually trying to say here?
I couldn't care less what you like or don't like doing, I think what I like doing masks and social distancing ruin it, whether it hinders you is of no consequence to me.
Whatever 'sporting event ' you went to may not have been affected but so what?

What's this s**t about fools and play acting?

Xipe Totec

No, because the concert would have more than likely been rescheduled the option to have your money back is available, we have tickets to see what's left of Queen at the O2 next year that's been cancelled twice.
You can try and take the p*ss all you like about being confused, it's not me up changes his identity from one forum to the next, but I find it a big infringement so wouldn't partake.
The gig in question wasn't rescheduled, & the mask requirement was only for the Edinburgh show because of local restrictions, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. But I suppose you just wouldn't have gone, if wearing a mask really gives your personal freedom that vicious a shoeing.

Also unclear what you mean by the identity-changing bit, although there's a strong likelihood one or other of us might be getting their words in the wrong order. But being a snarky, verbose, condescending twat with a sideline in clumsy & elephantine sarcasm is, regrettably, a cross I have to bear in all areas of my life.

D

Deleted member 28

What on Xmas eve?

Bit cold for me but you might be a hardier soul.

D

Deleted member 28

The gig in question wasn't rescheduled, & the mask requirement was only for the Edinburgh show because of local restrictions, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. But I suppose you just wouldn't have gone, if wearing a mask really gives your personal freedom that vicious a shoeing.

Also unclear what you mean by the identity-changing bit, although there's a strong likelihood one or other of us might be getting their words in the wrong order. But being a snarky, verbose, condescending twat with a sideline in clumsy & elephantine sarcasm is, regrettably, a cross I have to bear in all areas of my life.
There's the difference isn't it, you bought the tickets knowing you had to wear a mask and were happy to do so, I wouldn't have.
You used to be the bloke with the pug on his avatar aren't you?

That's what I'm referring to in regards to being 'confused '.

Xipe Totec

There's the difference isn't it, you bought the tickets knowing you had to wear a mask and were happy to do so, I wouldn't have.
You used to be the bloke with the pug on his avatar aren't you?

That's what I'm referring to in regards to being 'confused '.
What, pug as in dog (rather than French motor)? Nah mate, not me. I joined CC about 6 months ago after lurking for years, always used the same screen name there & on NACA. Can't remember offhand what avatar I used before Zombie Dave but it wasn't a pug!

D

Deleted member 28

What, pug as in dog (rather than French motor)? Nah mate, not me. I joined CC about 6 months ago after lurking for years, always used the same screen name there & on NACA. Can't remember offhand what avatar I used before Zombie Dave but it wasn't a pug!
OK then 🙄

Top Bottom