No Shamima Begum Thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Good ploy.

Ploy?

There was never any chance she would be granted Bangladeshi citizenship. In 2019, the Bangladeshi Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Begum was not a Bangladeshi citizen and there was “no question” of her being allowed into the country.

Reactions: C R

Julia9054

Regular
I'm no lawyer but it would seem that if a person has dual citizenship (or the possibility of it) then it's simply a race to see which country gets it's legal act together the fastest forcing the other country to be responsible for the "undesirable" person.
Can't see all the people shouting good riddance being too overjoyed if the British home office lose the race the next time there's someone we don't want

Milzy

Just my 2 penny worth but I think a lot of her not coming back is punishment for letting the babies die more than collecting heads in a bucket.

ebikeerwidnes

Just my 2 penny worth but I think a lot of her not coming back is punishment for letting the babies die more than collecting heads in a bucket.

The phrase "letting the babies die" sounds rather like an accusation

I don;t think I have heard anyone suggest that she did not try all she could to save them

If you have something so show that she 'let them die' - please share

ebikeerwidnes

I'm no lawyer but it would seem that if a person has dual citizenship (or the possibility of it) then it's simply a race to see which country gets it's legal act together the fastest forcing the other country to be responsible for the "undesirable" person.
Can't see all the people shouting good riddance being too overjoyed if the British home office lose the race the next time there's someone we don't want

That may apply if the person HAS dual citizenship
not sure it applies if they only have one and a possibility of may being able to apply for another one - which may or may not be accepted.

D

Deleted member 28

Ploy?

There was never any chance she would be granted Bangladeshi citizenship. In 2019, the Bangladeshi Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Begum was not a Bangladeshi citizen and there was “no question” of her being allowed into the country.

Maybe not that good then, who really cares?

D

Deleted member 28

Ah, Shep. The forum menefreghista, yet feels compelled to broadcast his credentials on every thread.

No different to anyone else here, 'keeping it real' brother!

mudsticks

Squire
Ah, Shep. The forum menefreghista, yet feels compelled to broadcast his credentials on every thread.

Oooh, thanks for the 'new word' that's lovely..

Highly expressive..
And it has a feminine form..
Oooh la 💃

Very occasionally I'm tempted to go on a football forum, and repeatedly show and tell them just how little I know, and indeed care about said game..

Then I realise what a total idiot that would make me look, and that I've got slightly (very much more) more interesting, and useful things to do with my life 👍🏼

As a supposedly still civilised country (I know I know) we should definitely see ms Begum as our responsibility, bring her back and deal with whatever needs to be dealt with regarding her case.

Who knows we might even gain some useful intel on preventing such grooming, and radicalisation happening in future.??

D

Deleted member 28

Oooh, thanks for the 'new word' that's lovely..

Highly expressive..
And it has a feminine form..
Oooh la 💃

Very occasionally I'm tempted to go on a football forum, and repeatedly show and tell them just how little I know, and indeed care about said game..

Then I realise what a total idiot that would make me look, and that I've got slightly (very much more) more interesting, and useful things to do with my life 👍🏼

As a supposedly still civilised country (I know I know) we should definitely see ms Begum as our responsibility, bring her back and deal with whatever needs to be dealt with regarding her case.

Who knows we might even gain some useful intel on preventing such grooming, and radicalisation happening in future.??

And right on cue, little miss word soup.

Top Bottom