No Shamima Begum Thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Prego!

The masculine and feminine singular forms are the same: menefreghista.
(A bit like giornalista, pilota, guida etc. which don’t alter with the gender of the person involved.)

Masculine plural is menefreghisti.

Feminine plural is menefreghiste.

Aha interesting.
Never studied Italian.

I'm still wrestling with Spanish tbh.

My thing generally is to not get too hung up on delivering, the perfect form of everything and just have the courage to communicate .

Otw I find the Spanish to be very tolerant of my just floundering about and giving it a go.
I was even complemented on my 'good chatting skills' one time (in Spain).

Meanwhile my pretty tolerable French gets occasional looks of incomprehension if I neglect to roll an r thrice instead of twice..

Apols in advance for intolerable levels of linguistic error - national stereotyping 😇

multitool

Shaman
To be fair that is 'really' how many people react when they've been shown to be in the wrong. 🤔

Shep parades ignorance and anti-intellectualism as a virtue. He is entirely reflexive and a considered response is beyond his capacity. Deep down he knows this, hence the vigour of his defence of his two-dimensional vision of the world. In the lexicon of the Sheps of this world, reactive thought-free discourse is "telling it as it is" or "calling a spade a spade".

Insert hug smiley below, Shep:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

Shep parades ignorance and anti-intellectualism as a virtue. He is entirely reflexive and a considered response is beyond his capacity. Deep down he knows this, hence the vigour of his defence of his two-dimensional vision of the world. In the lexicon of the Sheps of this world reactive thought-free discourse is "telling it as it is" or "calling a spade a spade".

Or in your case 'a tool a tool '.

multitool

Shaman
Ah yes, we are back at the failure to recognise a deliberately self-deprecating choice of username, and falling into my little self-indulgent amuse bouche of a trap

Fourth time for you, if memory serves.

mudsticks

Squire
Shep parades ignorance and anti-intellectualism as a virtue. He is entirely reflexive and a considered response is beyond his capacity. Deep down he knows this, hence the vigour of his defence of his two-dimensional vision of the world. In the lexicon of the Sheps of this world reactive thought-free discourse is "telling it as it is" or "calling a spade a spade".

Insert hug smiley below, Shep:

Yup, but he's been doing that consistently since he arrived, never seems to tire of telling us just how ignorant he is 🤔

Maybe he at least deserves a 'consistency' merit star on his 'good boy' sticker sheet.

I often find people mix up spades with shovels - it's not always worth correcting them on the distinction.

D

Deleted member 28

Ah yes, we are back at the failure to recognise a deliberately self-deprecating choice of username, and falling into my little self-indulgent amuse bouche of a trap

Fourth time for you, if memory serves.

Of course it is.

D

Deleted member 28

Yup, but he's been doing that consistently since he arrived, never seems to tire of telling us just how ignorant he is 🤔

Maybe he at least deserves a 'consistency' merit star on his 'good boy' sticker sheet.

I often find people mix up spades with shovels - it's not always worth correcting them on the distinction.

Aaah, found yourself a little comrade?

How sweet.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Full documentary of Shamima Begum situation here, if you haven’t already seen it:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001j079/the-shamima-begum-story

Milzy

The phrase "letting the babies die" sounds rather like an accusation

I don;t think I have heard anyone suggest that she did not try all she could to save them

If you have something so show that she 'let them die' - please share

You must be smoking crack. The babies were in a dirty Syrian refugee camp. Doctors said they were born strong & healthy. At least one was confirmed dead from Pneumonia. If she had not been so called groomed, she’d have been in the U.K. and her children would have access to better medical care so lived. You’re just another lefty terrorist sympathiser. Loads have been allowed back in the U.K, so do enlighten us all why they are making an example of her as you’re quite an expert on such domestic affairs?

multitool

Shaman
If she had not been so called groomed, she’d have been in the U.K. and her children would have access to better medical care so lived.

If she had not been groomed she wouldn't have had three children.

You’re just another lefty terrorist sympathiser.

I know that isn't being levelled at me, but that is a weird comment. There is no evidence in the public domain that Begum was a terrorist.

Loads have been allowed back in the U.K, so do enlighten us all why they are making an example of her as you’re quite an expert on such domestic affairs?

Again, not aimed at me, but I'll give an answer:

Loads have, but loads haven't as well. About 140 AIUI, with the biggest number of revocation of citizenship being 2017.

Of the ones let back in, only 40 have been successfully prosecuted, because obtaining evidence is hard.

So the question is not why Begum was excluded, but why she wasn't brought back in order to face justice if as was implied by the then Home Secretary that he had seen damning evidence against her. It doesn't make sense, does it.

Milzy

If she had not been groomed she wouldn't have had three children.

I know that isn't being levelled at me, but that is a weird comment. There is no evidence in the public domain that Begum was a terrorist.

Again, not aimed at me, but I'll give an answer:

Loads have, but loads haven't as well. About 140 AIUI, with the biggest number of revocation of citizenship being 2017.

Of the ones let back in, only 40 have been successfully prosecuted, because obtaining evidence is hard.

So the question is not why Begum was excluded, but why she wasn't brought back in order to face justice if as was implied by the then Home Secretary that he had seen damning evidence against her. It doesn't make sense, does it.

Agreed. They only tell us what they want us to know.

Top Bottom