Noisy protests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
In the other place that Brandane cove suggested he would go and help his ex copper mates 'noisy up' the unwashed eco protestors , at the COP when I said I was going along .

Interesting huh??

As it was there were a lot of bored looking coppers stood around waiting for things to kick off.

Except for their kettling us a few times .
It never did .

How disappointing for them all..

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
A protest that doesn’t in some way disrupt is not a protest.
There’s no point if it doesn’t make people uncomfortable.

Well quite

mudsticks

Squire
So, if we accept that:

how about defining the boundaries between "uncomfortable", "intimidating", "harassment" ?

Those are words the definition of which, are freely available in any dictionary..

And which are also legally defined.

Threatening users of medical facilities with harm is definitely all of the above.

Please remember some doctors have been murdered by anti abortion campaigners

This is not just people shouting, or waving placards.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Those are words the definition of which, are freely available in any dictionary..

And which are also legally defined.

Threatening users of medical facilities with harm is definitely all of the above.

Please remember some doctors have been murdered by anti abortion campaigners

This is not just people shouting, or waving placards.

What?, in Scotland, or, even UK?

Murder is already against the law I believe.

I repeat, I don't support this particular set of protesters views, but, having only protests we approve of is just a trifle wrong, to me.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Tony Blair used to deliberately conflate begging and mugging in pursuing his authoritarian agenda and normalising surveillance and control of public spaces. In case anyone is surprised about how we got to the sort of bollocks Craig and Bolders are talking.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
What?, in Scotland, or, even UK?
Murder is already against the law I believe.
I repeat, I don't support this particular set of protesters views, but, having only protests we approve of is just a trifle wrong, to me.

Is anybody saying we should only have protests they approve of? The discussion is about the form of protest and whether it tips over into something less acceptable such as harassment.
I might regard some form of protest as harassment that you would say was acceptable so, flawed as it is, it probably has to be a legal decision about harassment.

Top Bottom