Normal Island

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I was in Scarborough just the other week and it's still a very pretty town. I spent many childhood holidays on the east coast. Wonderful beaches but a bit windswept. I can remember the first time I was airlifted off a novelty lilo like it was yesterday.

mudsticks

Squire
I was in Scarborough just the other week and it's still a very pretty town. I spent many childhood holidays on the east coast. Wonderful beaches but a bit windswept. I can remember the first time I was airlifted off a novelty lilo like it was yesterday.

I'm thinking of a North Yorks / Northumberland bike trip some time this year -
I might swing by.
I suspect the walrus may be long gone though 😇

Edit - do you mean to say you've been airlifted off of a lilo multiple times 😳

Julia9054

Regular
I'm thinking of a North Yorks / Northumberland bike trip some time this year -
I thoroughly recommend the Bike and Boot Hotel in Scarborough if you fancy splashing out. They have a whole basement area for keeping bikes plus a bike shower for giving it the spa treatment.
The cinder track ride to Robin Hood's Bay for fish and chips + ice cream makes for a lovely gentle day out.

D

Deleted member 49

I like Scarborough there again love seaside towns...well I feel I should I was brought up in Blackpool !
Blackpools been packed since the end of lockdown/covid which has been good to see.I think I've read it's the third most visited Xmas destination this year after London and Edinburgh.Nice that people are holidaying in the UK.

mudsticks

Squire
I thoroughly recommend the Bike and Boot Hotel in Scarborough if you fancy splashing out. They have a whole basement area for keeping bikes plus a bike shower for giving it the spa treatment.
The cinder track ride to Robin Hood's Bay for fish and chips + ice cream makes for a lovely gentle day out.

Thank you .

Yes I've heard that track is nice.
And 👍🏼 for the Hotel recommend too - I do favour a 'splash out' now and then..🙂

Not that I need to justify it of course - because I'm so very obviously so goddarn worth it anyhow - but I can offset the cost with a few nights sneaky wildcamping here and there too..
😇

mudsticks

Squire
I'll have to tell you sometime about my experiences in the three nightclubs in Bridlington (I wonder whether they still exist). The bald Elvis and toothless dancers were highlights.

Well Bridlington would make an excellent hide out for Elvis..

No one would ever suspect.. 😎

I used to go there on day trips from Whitby as a kid .. Has it got better or worse??

There was no w*nking walrus that I recall, but maybe my parents just distracted me with ice cream 🤔

There used to be a self-gratifying chimpanzee in Exmouth Zoo....

Top Bottom