Normal Island

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
And NFTs have been endorsed by loads of people from Trump to Damien Hurst.

There will always be people stupid enough to pile in at the start in the hope of riches.

Even in the 1869 gold rush in California, it was the people selling the tools that made most money, rather than the miner digging the gold

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I can't even get my head around the NFT thing. It seems so obviously an incredibly nebulous and volatile investment that you wonder who would dive in. But again, I have sympathy for those who invested money they couldn't afford to lose based on Internet hype and celebrity endorsement. Mugs and suckers maybe, but some will be vulnerable folk.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
And NFTs have been endorsed by loads of people from Trump to Damien Hurst.

There will always be people stupid enough to pile in at the start in the hope of riches.

Even in the 1869 gold rush in California, it was the people selling the tools that made most money, rather than the miner digging the gold

The people who pile in at the very start are often the people who make the money out of those people stupid enough to follow.

How many people in the planning, budgeting, and execution of this, thought it something worth doing?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/05/barmy-bunch-of-60-bollards-near-birmingham-school

Yes. The council said
: “The number of bollards that have been installed demonstrates the scale of the problem. We are working with the school to help challenge this behaviour and encourage walking and cycling where appropriate.”

Also from the article:
Delivery drivers have also been unable to park up and I hear parents have had difficulties too.
Yes, that’s the point.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Yes. The council said
: “The number of bollards that have been installed demonstrates the scale of the problem. We are working with the school to help challenge this behaviour and encourage walking and cycling where appropriate.”

Why is the council wasting time ‘working with the school’? Get the local police to ticket or prosecute drivers. Parents learn a lesson and it shows the children that law-breaking doesn’t go unpunished.

Top Bottom