Normal Island

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
At those prices very much a third world problem I would say. The solution is obviously to go Scandi but that's the case for most kids clothing conundrums.

Never seen one of their stores (do they have stores?), a quick online browse, they look like an expensive IKEA, probably too upmarket for the impoverished North, ;)

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
At what age would children start to cringe at the idea of their parents dressing like them?

My wife has some of the same prints as the kids but they don't wear them at the same time, because that would be awful. I do wonder if Primark are deliberately copying the Scandi mums though. It would make sense.

You can tell the true devotees though, just shout 'Wankel!' and see how they reply.

mudsticks

Squire
At what age would children start to cringe at the idea of their parents dressing like them?

My kids took to to stealing my clothes..
Despite having plenty enough of their own.

I've lost some rather nice items that way..

And a bit annoyingly they looked quite a lot more stylish on them.. 🙄

mudsticks

Squire
My wife has some of the same prints as the kids but they don't wear them at the same time, because that would be awful. I do wonder if Primark are deliberately copying the Scandi mums though. It would make sense.

You can tell the true devotees though, just shout 'Wankel!' and see how they reply.

I fear there were rather a lot of times when subconsciously or otherwise, we'd end up dressed roughly the same..
(Before they had choices..)

The ubiquitous corduroy dungees, and stripey top of the wholefoodista famalam 🌈😇

I'm seeing it revisited by the latest crop of 'crunchy moms' and their youthlings -sweeet💜💚 .

Almost makes me nostalgic for yea olden days.

If you don't follow 'sad beige' on insta' Jim then you really should.

The mandatory cross backed linen apron for crunchy homeschooling moms, and Werner Hertzogs 'Cappucino Sacks for Cappucino Women - You will look like you are in a potato sack" still has me in stitches..

"Do you long to be Amish - but you have tattoos?? 😁"

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm4OrGlr_SD/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Ian H

Guru
My kids took to to stealing my clothes..
Despite having plenty enough of their own.

I've lost some rather nice items that way..

And a bit annoyingly they looked quite a lot more stylish on them.. 🙄

E's mother made her own and E's, until she got dementia. This one is, I think, for sale (ignore the hat).

IMG_20230411_204239514.jpg

mudsticks

Squire
E's mother made her own and E's, until she got dementia. This one is, I think, for sale (ignore the hat).

View attachment 3644
Very smart :becool:
And neatly done :okay:

You'll be unsurprised to hear that i used to make a lot of mine own, and the kids clothes, having learnt how to at my mothers knee.

The younger one has learnt to sew quite well now ( sadly he was the only boy in textiles gcse) and is making some interesting items for himself - and occasionally for others too..

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I fear there were rather a lot of times when subconsciously or otherwise, we'd end up dressed roughly the same..
(Before they had choices..)

The ubiquitous corduroy dungees, and stripey top of the wholefoodista famalam 🌈😇

I'm seeing it revisited by the latest crop of 'crunchy moms' and their youthlings -sweeet💜💚 .

Almost makes me nostalgic for yea olden days.

If you don't follow 'sad beige' on insta' Jim then you really should.

The mandatory cross backed linen apron for crunchy homeschooling moms, and Werner Hertzogs 'Cappucino Sacks for Cappucino Women - You will look like you are in a potato sack" still has me in stitches..

"Do you long to be Amish - but you have tattoos?? 😁"

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm4OrGlr_SD/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I've seen some of the sad beige stuff. Mainly horrible looking nurseries.

Lucy & Yak are the dungarees of choice for the forest school and home ed / unschooling crowd these days, and nurturing your microbiome is all the rage. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

mudsticks

Squire
I've seen some of the sad beige stuff. Mainly horrible looking nurseries.

Lucy & Yak are the dungarees of choice for the forest school and home ed / unschooling crowd these days, and nurturing your microbiome is all the rage. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
Oh lor tell me about it - i get quite stressed by the amount of scobies* i get left at the end of summer - once all the beautiful youth have dispersed from the 'stead.

* i just can't hack the responsibility of that many weird looking symbiotic creatures in jars that I'm left to look after :sad:
By spring of course they're all dead and slimey and can safely be chucked in the hedge --

Only for a fresh crop to arrive mid-spring :blink: The struggle is real believe me !!

Top Bottom