Normal Island

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe they thought it was Jake the Peg (deedle-eedle-eedle-um).

I thought he did the drugs episode, not Paedogeddon.

IMG_3578.jpeg

Maybe they thought it was Jake the Peg (deedle-eedle-eedle-um).

Now Jake the Pegged It??

Beebo

Veteran
I did a bit of research.

“Teachers from Kings Hill Primary School in Kent spotted the leg poking out from a cubicle whilst taking their class of year 4 children swimming at Larkfield Leisure Centre. They believed it belonged to a “peeping Tom” and after alerting staff evacuated the 60 children from the pool post-haste.”

“Yet upon investigation it was found that the leg belonged to a disabled man who had left it on the floor of the cubicle while he went for a swim.”

Surely there was an better way of investigating this?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I did a bit of research.

“Teachers from Kings Hill Primary School in Kent spotted the leg poking out from a cubicle whilst taking their class of year 4 children swimming at Larkfield Leisure Centre. They believed it belonged to a “peeping Tom” and after alerting staff evacuated the 60 children from the pool post-haste.”

“Yet upon investigation it was found that the leg belonged to a disabled man who had left it on the floor of the cubicle while he went for a swim.”

Surely there was an better way of investigating this?

'Post-haste'? Nobody uses 'post-haste' in a non-ironic fashion.

It must have been a pretty convincing prosthetic though. Did nobody think to have a proper look? Knock on the cubicle door? Any number of things other than traumatise sixty kids?

Beebo

Veteran
'Post-haste'? Nobody uses 'post-haste' in a non-ironic fashion.

It must have been a pretty convincing prosthetic though. Did nobody think to have a proper look? Knock on the cubicle door? Any number of things other than traumatise sixty kids?

Who is scared of one leg?

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Rather sweet campaign from Refugee Action in which refugees watch clips of famous British TV moments.

View: https://twitter.com/RefugeeAction/status/1661290131519569920?t=ZE-Z24fYALfAjnD12OvvVg&s=19

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
To be fair to that news report, there are sometimes very mundane and aesthetically displeasing items that become such a fixture you grow to love them. I lived near a very ugly 1960's bridge for a few years. An eyesore really but I was a bit sad when they pulled it down. Someone sprayed 'Bye bye funky bridge' on it, which was a fitting farewell I felt.

Top Bottom