Normal Island

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
I'm putting this here for want of anywhere more appropriate.

View: https://twitter.com/kingmidasinreve/status/1673310308989902849

Beebo

Veteran
A van I was behind this afternoon
IMG_0267.jpeg

AndyRM

Elder Goth
This isn’t funny as a young girl has died.
But why does someone feel the need to drive a Land rover Defender in Wimbledon.

A totally unsuitable vehicle for the surroundings and indicative of the generally selfish nature of the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66131084

My sister uses a Berlingo in London, Marylebone to be unnecessarily specific, to transport her harp. There's nothing unsuitable, unnecessary or selfish about it.

I'm not having a go at you here, and I appreciate it's a unique position.

Beebo

Veteran
My sister uses a Berlingo in London, Marylebone to be unnecessarily specific, to transport her harp. There's nothing unsuitable, unnecessary or selfish about it.

I appreciate that.
But a berlingo isn’t the same as a 4x4 off road vehicle. Very few people would need to drive a 4x4 in Wimbledon.

Reactions: C R

Pale Rider

Veteran
This isn’t funny as a young girl has died.
But why does someone feel the need to drive a Land rover Defender in Wimbledon.

A totally unsuitable vehicle for the surroundings and indicative of the generally selfish nature of the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66131084

She does appear to be the typical Chelsea tractor driving school mum.

Not that we know anything yet - she might have just driven down from her country estate in Scotland.

Wealthy people tend to be determined hook wrigglers because they can afford to do so.

Making the risky assumption she was not elephant's trunk, I can foresee an attempt to blame the Land Rover by saying it suffered a fault which caused a power surge.

Beebo

Veteran
She does appear to be the typical Chelsea tractor driving school mum.

Not that we know anything yet - she might have just driven down from her country estate in Scotland.

Wealthy people tend to be determined hook wrigglers because they can afford to do so.

Making the risky assumption she was not elephant's trunk, I can foresee an attempt to blame the Land Rover by saying it suffered a fault which caused a power surge.

Ploughing into a group of school children is a car Insurance company’s worst nightmare.
They will have lawyers crawling all over this.
The costs could be millions.

matticus

Guru

But isn't it weird how there is ALWAYS someone like this in the comments? Your sister wasn't being criticised - nor were harpists in general! - so why so defensive?

Top Bottom