Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

At the risk of being uncharacteristically conciliatory, no one's entirely wrong here, are they? Brexit obviously affects food supply and environmental and energy factors obviously affect growing. And should we continue to expect mountains of fresh tomatoes in February, Brexit or no Brexit?

Just stick to blaming Brexit, it gives folk a purpose and something to moan about.

I always remember my old Gran, during Maggie's reign anything and everything that went wrong was her doing, from the weather to the telly breaking!

D

Deleted member 28

Brexit trade regulations have meant that supplies from EU countries such as Spain have decreased. So we have fewer suppliers to turn to for our food.

I'm sure you're right but if the weather is crap in Spain WTF has that got to do with Brexit, they can't grow as many anyway!

multitool

Shaman
I'm sure you're right but if the weather is crap in Spain WTF has that got to do with Brexit, they can't grow as many anyway!

Is it not obvious?

If supply lines are constricted by Brexit, it means fewer avenues for supply. Put crudely, sh1t weather+ no brexit= small amount of tomatoes from Spain and Morocco.

Sh1t weather + Brexit= half that amount, from Morocco only.

I'm afraid, shep, that cognitive dissonance won't change the fact that Brexit was a ridiculous decision. Nobody but the extreme end of the Tory party (who promoted it) are pretending any more. The UK voted for its own decline.

Last edited:

Ian H

Guru
A snippet from 'Wales on line'.

"Brexit is also an issue a more than 90% of tomatoes sold in supermarkets are imported. Before Spain was Britain's biggest supplier of tomatoes but it is now Morocco where most of the produce comes from. Morrisons supermarket has told shoppers that bad weather in the two countries has had an effect on supplies too."

Brexit causes bad weather in Spain and Morocco!
From your own quote brexit and bad weather are both blamed for the shortages.

D

Deleted member 28

Yeah...err...Brexit is the result of human decisions, which are reversible.

Weather isn't.

You sure the Tories don't f**k the weather up as well?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I think you are working your way to contradicting shep and saying there is a thread on climate change 😉

No, I was saying that the general opinion on here, I would of thought, was that Climate and thus weather events, was impacted by human actions/decisions?

I haven’t done a detailed counts of posts on the subject, just a gut feeling.

I was/am a remainder, so, automatically contradict shep on that subject.

Top Bottom