Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It would be much easier for Scotland to leave the UK if we were in the EU/single market.

One of the main thrusts of the independance argument seems to be that Scotland was lied to over the Brexit referendum and that an independent Scotland would rejoin. That argument would dissappear. Furthermore an independent Scotland with the rest of the 'UK' in Europe would be a much less disruptive situation and less advantageous compared to the current situation....

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
One of the main thrusts of the independance argument seems to be that Scotland was lied to over the Brexit referendum

The argument and the desire for independence long predates EU (and EEC) membership.

The Brexit situation is a prime example of how Scotland only ever gets what England wants and is simply the catalyst for holding a second referendum now that the situation has changed so drastically from what we had at the time of the first referendum.

Whether the UK is in or out of the EU, Scottish independence will always be sought.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
How do you aquire the level of confidence required to go onto the telly-box and knowingly talk this much utter bollix..??

In many ways it's a thing of wonderment.

If it weren't so utterly depressing, and also embarrassing.

You really do have to choose between laughing or crying.

Glad to know he is working to simply the new rules for trading with Europe - rules that wouldn't be there but for Brexit. I did hear some prominent leaver during the Brexit shambles stating that Britain would be able to negotiate a bilateral trade deal with Germany. Like our friend here, I find it difficult to comprehend the level of sheer ignorance. Leave an area you have complete free trade with in order to get something more advantageous. :rolleyes:

Enough hot air to fill a balloon! It was a load of waffle, wasn't it.

• Sad
Reactions: C R
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
You really do have to choose between laughing or crying.

Glad to know he is working to simply the new rules for trading with Europe - rules that wouldn't be there but for Brexit. I did hear some prominent leaver during the Brexit shambles stating that Britain would be able to negotiate a bilateral trade deal with Germany. Like our friend here, I find it difficult to comprehend the level of sheer ignorance. Leave an area you have complete free trade with in order to get something more advantageous. :rolleyes:

Enough hot air to fill a balloon! It was a load of waffle, wasn't it.

Well of course it was all total and utter tosh, I can't imagine how anyone with more than one brain cell, could swallow a word of it.

What gets me though, is how a supposedly serious politician could go into, or for that matter be allowed into, a national television studio and actually be able to spout such guff.

It's like some kind of parallel universe, where even the very most basic principals of telling true facts need not apply, 🤔

Quite astonishing :blink:

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Reading on this long running scam it does seem to also shed more light on the financial aspirations of the financers behind Brexit.

I think Brexit is a more indirect in this case, the budget that wasn't was a greater revelation. It is at least as much a revelation of the Tories' attitude that the accumulation of vast wealth is what life is all about.

The desire for money is the root of all sorts of evil. If the Graun's reporting is accurate it reveals mind-numbing levels of greed. A timely reminder of the need for a free press to look into these carryings on. And an independent judiciary to guarantee a fair trial with a right of defence if the law appears to have been broken.

If I ever ended up with 1/10 th of the dosh being talked about here I wouldn't know what to do with it. If you already have millions, what is the point of getting more?

Actually I do have some idea. I'd get posh bike with all modern gadgetry on it, and have a one month narrowboating holiday on a top of the range narrowboat. The rest I would distribute to all the posters on here, divided up according to how many likes I have received ... ^_^

Top Bottom