P&O

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Only one staff member is currently claiming unfair dismissal.
But he’s going in big with a claim for £76million.
I presume he has full union support.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60995784
I predict he will be on Bake Off with his cake making skills, come 6th, write a cookery book be on Strictly within 2 years and have forgotten all about his job on P&O within 24 months.

icowden

Legendary Member
Only one staff member is currently claiming unfair dismissal.
But he’s going in big with a claim for £76million.
Well his solicitor is. They probably want some publicity and headlines to see if they can build it to a class action.

Beebo

Veteran
he would be exceptionally lucky to receive damages with 3 zeros missing from what he is claiming
I have every sympathy for him and wish him good luck but agree that his claim doesn’t seem either realistic or sensible.
I’d hate to see the UK become like the US with people claims huge financial awards for fairly trivial things.

icowden

Legendary Member
I have every sympathy for him and wish him good luck but agree that his claim doesn’t seem either realistic or sensible.
I’d hate to see the UK become like the US with people claims huge financial awards for fairly trivial things.
The only reason I can see for his solicitor to go for such massive exemplary damages is to create publicity. They will know that that is unrealistic.

Salty seadog

I predict he will be on Bake Off with his cake making skills, come 6th, write a cookery book be on Strictly within 2 years and have forgotten all about his job on P&O within 24 months.

I worked with John on those ferries, he's a good man, never forgot a name or a face. He stuck it out and won an admission of guilt.
I got out a few years before this unpleasantness. He deserves his reward. Which I might add is very much being donated to those institutions that showed him support.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I worked with John on those ferries, he's a good man, never forgot a name or a face. He stuck it out and won an admission of guilt.
I got out a few years before this unpleasantness. He deserves his reward. Which I might add is very much being donated to those institutions that showed him support.
How much did he get?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
He deserves his reward. Which I might add is very much being donated to those institutions that showed him support.

Why ? What's it got to do with anything.He said it was a moral victory.They broke the law.
It wasn't the moral victory he was after though, it was something like £75m. Salty has told us he has donated to the institutions that supported him, so I just wondered how much he won.

I also believe they had pretty much said they had broken the law earlier, so the case was really about the money wasn't it?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It wasn't the moral victory he was after though, it was something like £75m. Salty has told us he has donated to the institutions that supported him, so I just wondered how much he won.

I also believe they had pretty much said they had broken the law earlier, so the case was really about the money wasn't it?

You know full well that that £75million was never seriously considered, and was designed by the lawyers for publicity. How much of his award that is donated to charity is no-one's business but his and the charity's, other than it would then lead to criticism from some with a point to prove over whether it was enough.

They had "pretty much" said is not the same as having it proven in a court of law.

It is perfectly reasonable for the case to have been brought on principle, part of that principle being there should be financial reparation and compensation for the law-breaking.

Salty seadog

Nope. Don't judge others by your own standards.

Top Bottom