Political language. What helps, what doesnt ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

Can I suggest a line be drawn...

Here it is:
__________________________________________________________________________________________

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Can I suggest a line be drawn...

Here it is:
__________________________________________________________________________________________

But why is the second line shorter..??

Are you sure there isn't some kind of hidden messaging contained therein ??:eek:

Archie_tect

You clearly need a bigger screen to see the whole picture... there'll be a cheap one at PC World from China.

Ah, cross threaded again... we'll never get all the nuts straight now.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
You clearly need a bigger screen to see the whole picture... there'll be a cheap one at PC World from China.

Ah, cross threaded again... we'll never get all the nuts straight now.

Wonky nuts.

You know where they're all congregating right now :rolleyes:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
More crap, and yet another attempted character assassination.

You and other posters repeatedly examine, to put it neutrally, my character - nothing to do with any thread topic.

I could ignore it, but I choose not to, at least some of the time.

I've no idea what you get out of being nasty to a made up name on the internet, but then I don't claim to understand tosspot keyboard warriors.
After a couple of hours doing something sensible such as finishing building up my bike for the turbo, I have re-read my post.
The final paragraph was unnecessarily personal and I apologise for that misguided attempt at humour over your avatar.

The Christian thing would be to turn the other cheek and lap up the sniping, sneering, and attempted character assassinations.

However, while I would never criticise anyone for their faith, I don't share it.

Not sure I've ever been on a forum with a mod called Mark, or that I've ever been threatened with a red card - apart from on CC.

The 'gent' concerned was variously in Brazil, Chile, or Royal Leamington Bl**dy Spa......

steve292

Yet another thread descends into serial abuse of the government.

You've already got a thread moaning about Brexit, a thread moaning about the government's response to Covid, and a thread to moan about the Tory party.

Do you really want another one?

Dull, dull, dull.
Well F off and don't reply if you don't agree with it. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way
Tendentious, misogynistic, self-aggrandising blather, mainly. And textbook DARVO. I guess the latter is what makes @swansonj consider you interesting as a case study of some kind.
I had to google DARVO.
I live and learn.

spen666

Interesting to see on the first page underneath this topic headed

we have 2 threads with what can only be described as deliberate attempts to inflame or abuse

Screenshot 2021-11-02 122059.jpg

Describing a government minister as a Nazi and calling a political party "The Nasty Party" does nothing to help have sensible and respectful debate.

Interesting to see on the first page underneath this topic headed

we have 2 threads with what can only be described as deliberate attempts to inflame or abuse

View attachment 152

Describing a government minister as a Nazi and calling a political party "The Nasty Party" does nothing to help have sensible and respectful debate.

The Nasty Party is a direct quote from a speech by Theresa May, then in opposition, about her own party.

The Nazi thing was discussed in the thread - word play?

spen666

People can't seem to see the bad in their language or those of those with same views, but fall over themselves to find offense in the language used by those with different views

Until people stop trying to justify their own offensive or disrespectful language, the situation will not improve. Each side just becomes more entrenched

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Sorry Spenners - unlike over the road, there's no tacit rule here that we have to be deferential to the corrupt, authoritarian, criminally negligent UK executive. So you'll just have to get over it. That the Tories are a nasty party is readily demonstrable by a ten-year old with Google, and the 'Nazi' epithet may be a tad ahistorical and a bit hyperbolic, but my view is that if public figures don't want to be likened to Nazis, they should stop trying to drown minorities, abolish due process, and build a fanatical, submissive, nationalistic following based on self-serving myths and lies.

Oh, and gifs are back. With a hard g.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1322211408151457792

Top Bottom