Political language. What helps, what doesnt ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
I would prefer not to be forced to use my own name for spurious, disingenuous reasons cooked-up by some authoritarian government intent on keeping its knee firmly on the population's neck - but I'd do so under duress. The opinions I express on here are the same ones I hold & express IRL and I don't pretend to be something I'm not online. Unless adopting the name of a Mesoamerican sacrificial fertility deity (because my own's really boring) counts.

D

Deleted member 28

I would prefer not to be forced to use my own name for spurious, disingenuous reasons cooked-up by some authoritarian government intent on keeping its knee firmly on the population's neck - but I'd do so under duress. The opinions I express on here are the same ones I hold & express IRL and I don't pretend to be something I'm not online. Unless adopting the name of a Mesoamerican sacrificial fertility deity (because my own's really boring) counts.
Wtf does your 'name 'even mean? Xipe Totec? Utter bollox.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire

While we're being upfront..
Please don't tell the others.

But I'm not really a purple skinned fruit usually consumed as a vegetable..

Purportedly originating from somewhere in Africa 🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆👍🏼

D

Deleted member 28

I'd probs not say that to the face of a Mesoamerican sacrificial fertility deity.

You might end up their next victim ..:eek:
That means f**k all to me either?

Are you people for real?

D

Deleted member 28

And yours is great because.??

To be honest whenever I see 'shep' I tend to think of the dog off of Blue Peter ..:rolleyes:

And Johnny Noakes.

Intoning

"Down Shep"

In a proper Yorkshire twang..
Can't recall claiming my nickname was great, feel free to provide a link 😉.

You relate to Blue Peter because you're of a certain age and can't help repeating something I've heard a 1000 times, not your fault I know.

It's simple really, half my surname which I'm sure you can figure out which half.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
But knowing other people's names, and them mine, would make me feel less secure not more so.
Why would knowing someones name make you feel less secure?

Not for me, thanks. What’s your thinking behind the question/proposal?
Well, we are a small group aren't we? Maybe less than 20 posters/occupants on this wild west bit of the forum, there are lots of calls that removing anonymity would make people safer and make people more accountable, why wouldn't we feel safer and be less abusive? Nothing sinister, as mudsticks said, I reckon a bit of Google time/Facebookage/LinkedIn we could probably find out who each other were anyway.

Your names not Craig.....I'm shocked 🙄
Oooops, I may have accidentally messed up with my user-name if I want to be anonymous :ph34r:

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Can't recall claiming my nickname was great, feel free to provide a link 😉.

You relate to Blue Peter because you're of a certain age and can't help repeating something I've heard a 1000 times, not your fault I know.

It's simple really, half my surname which I'm sure you can figure out which half.

No but just being unecessarily rude about other peoples choices.

Why the need to do that.?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Wtf does your 'name 'even mean? Xipe Totec? Utter bollox.
Hello little doggie.

destacada-xipe-totec.jpg

Literally - 'Our Lord The Flayed One'. Fall to your knees and repent, if you please.

Last edited:
Top Bottom