Prince Andrew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
How insulting for V Giuffre to see that photograph with the printed picture masks though.

mudsticks

Squire
How insulting for V Giuffre to see that photograph with the printed picture masks though.
The Torygraph has never been well known for its sensitivity towards female victims of sexual abuse though has it.

Thinking about it, show me a mainstream publication that has ??🤔

Crass, salacious, victim blaming, prurient however ?
That a plenty.

ebikeerwidnes

Seems like the "real" photo has now been found

apparently it is confirmed that it is the original because it has a date printed on the back from a supermarket (I think) in the USA

or so they say

funny how it has suddenly appeared after being 'lost' for so long

and CLEARLY it would be impossible to forge printing a date on the back of a photo

I would rather wait for more details and checking before I start think it is real!

Do all “fusses” die down eventually, permitting the fussee to return to life largely as they knew it, while the public scratches its head and tries to recall precisely which scandal/multimillion dollar out-of-court settlement/Pizza Express branch it remembers them from? The question arises after the return of Prince Andrew to the royal tableau, driven last weekend by Prince William to church near Balmoral, where the Windsors are currently all gathered (with just the two notable exceptions). I must say I do think that William and Andrew missed a trick not doing carpool karaoke as they rocked up to Crathie Kirk, either to Take That’s Back for Good, or the Gary Puckett and the Union Gap’s jailbait classic Young Girl.

Even so, how fitting that this staged sighting should occur on the very weekend crowds of people descended on Scotland in the hope of spying the Loch Ness monster. You can imagine being there when the cry went up. Oh my God – there it is! Look – you can see its head and neck in the front seat, right next to Prince William! Quick, get a photo, even if “friends” will later claim it’s fake because its fingers aren’t chubby enough.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...rgiving-forgetting-prince-andrew-duke-of-york

Andrew has been sacked as an active member of the Royal Family. He no longer carries out public duties etc in that capacity.

Getting a lift to church from your elder brother's lad is neither here nor there.

Wobblers

Andrew has been sacked as an active member of the Royal Family. He no longer carries out public duties etc in that capacity.

Getting a lift to church from your elder brother's lad is neither here nor there.

I disagree here. William's not just the "elder brother's lad": he's heir to the throne. That it's deemed that he being seen with Andrew - assisting him, even - rather than being bundled into Balmoral in a diplomatic bag by an anonymous transit van suggests that someone thinks that there's no risk of reputational damage.That sounds very much like the firest step in rehabilitation.

matticus

Guru
I disagree here. William's not just the "elder brother's lad": he's heir to the throne. That it's deemed that he being seen with Andrew - assisting him, even - rather than being bundled into Balmoral in a diplomatic bag by an anonymous transit van suggests that someone thinks that there's no risk of reputational damage.That sounds very much like the firest step in rehabilitation.

Or it could be that the family sometimes treat him like a member of their family - despite his ill-deeds - and say f*ck the press/public.
IIRC the queen did similar at a funeral, much earlier in this saga.

(or it could be a bit of both ... )

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Or it could be that the family sometimes treat him like a member of their family - despite his ill-deeds - and say f*ck the press/public.

Quite.

Sort of behaving like "normal" people in other words, which I thought many on here (including me) would like them to be, when Monarchy is ditched.

Beebo

Veteran

Strange that they can’t seem to offer the same curtesy to Harry then.

ebikeerwidnes

Strange that they can’t seem to offer the same curtesy to Harry then.

the difference is that Harry keeps doing things that insult the family - whereas Andrew is keeping quiet

He does seem to only pop up on pure family occaisions where he is just a brother/uncle

Top Bottom