Priti Nazi....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

John Barnes (yes THE John Barnes) has produced a superb book about racism in which he asserts that various disenfranchised groups are pit against each other by the elite to weaken their opposition to the status quo and keep the elite in power. If disenfranchised groups are to support each others' causes this will work more effectively than pursuing our own causes as separate groups.

Thought that might fit in well here since this thread is about you-know-who.

Sadly If disenfranchised groups are to support each others' causes we'll see another Peterloo massacre or 2 before they see change.

ending the legal merry-go-round of spurious asylum claims
If half of all asylum appeals are successful it does suggest that the Home Office should be a bit more diligent in the first place.

Can you imagine the reaction to a magistrate or a referee or an umpire that had half of their decisions overturned on appeal?

“Slogans not solutions” is about right.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-curb-eco-protests-and-asylum-appeals-in-2022

icowden

Legendary Member
If half of all asylum appeals are successful it does suggest that the Home Office should be a bit more diligent in the first place.

Can you imagine the reaction to a magistrate or a referee or an umpire that had half of their decisions overturned on appeal?

“Slogans not solutions” is about right.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-curb-eco-protests-and-asylum-appeals-in-2022

This is the important bit:-
“The truth is that almost half of all asylum appeals are successful – and the reason for that is a poorly resourced Home Office which blames everyone but itself for shoddy decision-making. The asylum system protects the world’s most vulnerable and we should all focus on doing better by them.”

Patel - should we fix the home office? Nah - let's just try to remove people's legal rights. After all, these asylum seekers are scum.

Mugshot

Über Member
1641469758363.png

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru

mudsticks

Squire
I remember when some forum members had a go at you for the tile of this thread.

Pretty spot on if you ask me.
It doesn't seem far wide of the mark, at all.

Apart from the hideously dehumanising, grimness of it all, I don't see how it dissuades anyone from trying to come here via small boats or however.

Given there's no workable alternative.

It's just that instead of presenting themselves to the authorities in the hope of being treated in anyway justly by our asylum system, they'll be melting away into the black economy, and living their lives on the margins.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
It doesn't seem far wide of the mark, at all.

Apart from the hideously dehumanising, grimness of it all, I don't see how it dissuades anyone from trying to come here via small boats or however.

Given there's no workable alternative.

It's just that instead of presenting themselves to the authorities in the hope of being treated in anyway justly by our asylum system, they'll be melting away into the black economy, and living their lives on the margins.
It's rendition, pure and simple.
There's so much wrong with this it's hard to know where to start....

mudsticks

Squire
It's rendition, pure and simple.
There's so much wrong with this it's hard to know where to start....

It's breathtakingly awful on so many levels

It really does feel as if this gov is trying to see how far it can push it..

"Can we even do this, and you'll still just shrug, and vote for us.??"

I'm so tired of being ashamed to be British nearly every damn day.

Top Bottom