Racist Politician

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

spen seems more upset with his imagination than any alleged racist comment

Interesting in this one is that she disqualified the color of in this case Kwasi Kwarteng, because she didn't agree with him. Which is straight out of the book of blm, but when i tried to point that out years ago, them came from all corners with vague ''racist'' claims.
The concept of racism not really tied to skin color but more so to behavior is still alien to some. Just as Nazi flags during protest are rightfully so not done, butn communist flags are far more accepted.

spen seems more upset with his imagination than any alleged racist comment
''if you hear him talk you wouldn't say he's black'' and ''he is a superficially black man'' that is racist plain and simple, and you known it, if Farage would have said the same there would have been 5 topics about it.

All uphill

Wonder how many will condemn racist comments from an MP and how others will bend over backwards to excuse/ justify rather than condemn

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-m...ents-about-chancellor-kwasi-kwarteng-12706333

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rupa-huq-kwasi-kwarteng-racism-b2176356.html

Sadly people are too often wed to party politics. like football fans to their team and are unwilling to condemn such behaviour when its by one of their own side

Reading the links you provide it seems that she was quickly suspended for her unacceptable comment.

A bit different from the recent handling of Tory scandals.

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

That is clearly very upsetting for you. You and spen should get together.

Ahh the good old tactic of avoiding the issue and turning on the poster.
I hate to point it out, I never made the remarks, nor am I upset

You have done exactly what I said in the OP.

Its a shame that tribalism means you are unable to condemn bad behaviour because its someone who "is on the same side" as you.

The world would be a far better place is we condemned bad behaviour and praised good behaviour irrespective of whom its by.

Politics should be about improving the world, not playing party political games and defending bad behaviour because its someone "on your side"

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
OP ain't exactly neutral in tone is it?

Anyway, I'm not saying she should have made those comments. But I understand.

How is that relevant?
So racism is ok, because you understand or something? I mean that she would have said something about not liking his decisions or something that's indeed understandable, but claiming he is not really black because if it that's just plain racism.

Ahh the good old tactic of avoiding the issue and turning on the poster.
I hate to point it out, I never made the remarks, nor am I upset

You have done exactly what I said in the OP.

Its a shame that tribalism means you are unable to condemn bad behaviour because its someone who "is on the same side" as you.

The world would be a far better place is we condemned bad behaviour and praised good behaviour irrespective of whom its by.

Politics should be about improving the world, not playing party political games and defending bad behaviour because its someone "on your side"

I've never seen YOU in the queue to condemn racist Farage/Johnson/Patel et al. Pot kettle, spen :wacko:
You are so upset about your imagining us "lefties unwilling to condemn one of our own" that you started a flipping thread about it, rather that just starting a thread condemning the alleged comments by the Labour MP in question. Jesus christ spen, have a word with thyself.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
How is that relevant?

So racism is ok, because you understand or something? I mean that she would have said something about not liking his decisions or something that's indeed understandable, but claiming he is not really black because if it that's just plain racism.

It's absolutely relevant, how can you not see that? It's so loaded, so biased but being itself a passive aggressive accusation of bias. Honestly it's massively transparent.

Regarding the comments themselves, firstly I'm white so I'm not gonna opine on a black person's feelings of identity but it's clear that Kwarteng's experiences are fairly distant from those of many black people in our country and indeed what you might call 'black society'. Secondly this idea of a black (BAME / BIPOC etc) person not being truly black is well established, rightly or wrongly. We all know the terms which are used but again, nobody needs my white opinion. Thirdly, go and watch Bring The Pain. You might just get my joke.

She's making a point about race in our society. She's making it clumsily and probably should have chosen her words better but it is valid. The Tories are superficially on the front foot when it comes to diversity, three women PMs, ethnic minority representation in the cabinet. But is this representation itself representative of the life chances of women and ethnic minorities under this government? Or are they, as their white male predecessors were before them, merely in place as a result of privilege and elitism?

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Come off it. A large number of thread titles and ops are not exactly neutral in tone....Pritti Nazi? There is no reason why threads/ops should be neutral as political discussion is rarely neutral.

There is no doubt at all that had say Suella Braverman said it about David Lammy there would have been many posts condemning her.

It was wrong, she has apologised, the Labour Party has acted quickly and correctly, but in politics that is never enough for the opposing side.

Fringe events at party conferences sometimes make people say unfortunate things because they get carried away with the moment trying to say stuff that they think will please their audience. They say things they would never say on the main platform.

Top Bottom