Rees Mogg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Where does Ms Begum come from?

Don’t know her exact address, but, southern England?

We have repatriated dozens of males of all ages who have spent time fighting with daesh and a number of other unpleasent terrorist groups with barely a murmur and varying degrees of de-radicalising success. Why should she be treated differently?
They don't i think they all should be at the very least charged with the crimes they have done, that's why i advocated in this topic to have them charged and tried there. they can apply to be flown back to the uk or the country there from after sentencing. this is an existing rule in many countries. Just because others have gotten away with it doesn't mean we shouldn't advocate for the right way to do things. But Ms. Begum has a other nationality that's why her uk passport was taken. her hushband/boyfriend also had his dutch nationality revoked too but the decision was thrown out in court because he would be left with no nationality.
But it was'nt due to the lack of trying so in other words, there is no special treatment for Begum.

How would you feel if she is repatriated, gets off scots(sic) free and for example, studies to become a doctor and invents a cure for cancer?

How would you feel if she is repatriated,gets off scots(sic) free and for example, studies to become a scientist and contributes to discovering what Dark Matter is?
How would you feel if she is repatriated,gets off scots(sic) free and for example, becomes a housewife and sets up a wellbeing centre?
She still would have gotten away with allegedly crimes ranging for murder to torture and anything in between, no ''good deeds'' can cover that up.
Why is it always the negative thing that is used as the example?
This is the same women who said in one of her first interviews that she wasn't phazed by seeing an human head stuck in a fence or in a bin because ''it where only infidels'' i mean sure we can pretend that she is a wonderfull person and such but i'm not like that i can't pretend she is something she isn't.
Just as i don't believe serial killers are wonderfull people and so further and so forth.

The point is that whataboutery gets us nowhere. She is a British Citizen. If we bring her back to the UK and she gets off scot free she will still be monitored by the intelligence agencies. We will know where she is and what she is doing. She ceases to be a threat and could be a resource to lead us to greater threats. There is no benefit to the UK in disowning her.
She has the right to dispute the decision to have her citiciship revoked just as her ''hushband'' had and was allowed his dutch nationality back. Her issue is a bit more complicated because as i understand she has an skrilankian nationality too.
And Skri-lanka doesn't want to do any efforts to get her to there, but so far as i known that isn't an right or duty of the country anyway.

I do not held that much trust to intelligence agency's as you apparently do, they failed her the first time they probably fail again. I also are not so optimistic about ceasing to be a threath, she is now someone for those who share her extremist views so she will be an hero in those circles will all the risks added by that complication

Frankly as I have a 14 and 16 year old girl, I can confidently say that these three girls had very little idea of what they were doing. Questions should be asked of who they were talking to. Someone groomed them, fed them the information that led to them going to Syria. At 15 you don't just pop over to Syria on the off chance.
That's correct but Isis didn't happen overnight either surely they(Isis)grabbed power quickly however the movement that would advebnturly evolve in IS was formed long before. September 11 was a big party in some neighborhoods everywhere in europe, that was an indication, the train attacks in Paris, London and the attack on Charlie Hebdo where all part of escalation that where are part of the same unrest, a group that doesn't accept western values but are often born here so they resort to terror in the hope to get more extreme views accepted. and sadly is partly it's certainly is working. Thankfully we have also seen situations where family recognize an family member is racialized and report him/her to authorities.

But with that in mind as added circumstances i still don't believe those girls and the boys for that matter that traveled to Syria didn't knew where it was about.

icowden

Legendary Member
She still would have gotten away with allegedly crimes ranging for murder to torture and anything in between, no ''good deeds'' can cover that up.
You cannot get away with an alleged crime. Either it happened or it didn't.
This is the same women who said in one of her first interviews that she wasn't phazed by seeing an human head stuck in a fence or in a bin because ''it where only infidels'' i mean sure we can pretend that she is a wonderfull person and such but i'm not like that i can't pretend she is something she isn't.
Just as i don't believe serial killers are wonderfull people and so further and so forth.
That's irrelevant.

She has the right to dispute the decision to have her citiciship revoked just as her ''hushband'' had and was allowed his dutch nationality back. Her issue is a bit more complicated because as i understand she has an skrilankian nationality too.
Bangladeshi not Sri-lankan.

And Skri-lanka doesn't want to do any efforts to get her to there, but so far as i known that isn't an right or duty of the country anyway.
That's because she has no connection to Sri-Lanka being British and of Bangladeshi heritage.
I do not held that much trust to intelligence agency's as you apparently do, they failed her the first time they probably fail again.
How did they fail her the first time?
I also are not so optimistic about ceasing to be a threath, she is now someone for those who share her extremist views so she will be an hero in those circles will all the risks added by that complication
Which is why she should be where she can be kept under surveillance.

BoldonLad

No, but where does she  really come from?

I assume she was born in UK?, but, I am sure you can enlighten me.

This is becoming amusing, there seems to be an assumption that I am anti Ms Begum returning to UK, when, all I said was that many 15 year olds may be more mature/resourceful that a couple of similarly aged young ladies from Esher, (or similar). ;)

Last edited:

BoldonLad

At some point there was a reference to the affluent south east.

It's by no means ALL affluent.

If it is my reference you are referring to, the reference was not relating to Ms Begum. ;)

To late to quote them it would appear, but, the jist of it flows via posts #46, #48, #57, #59

Last edited:
Top Bottom