Rishi - be a Robin Hood, Tax the richer and give to the poorer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

No it isn't, it's between £31k and £38k depending on how you want to measure it (median or not).

Either way it appears those below the 40% on here feel those in it should pay more, not surprised really.

The fact they do already (the clue is in the term) doesn't mean anything, not to mention NI contributions also being more.

If all those who think they could be paying a bit more, what's stopping you from giving to certain charities etc?
Surely a well adjusted society would not need charity.

Salty seadog

I've completely lost your thought process with me, you insist on convincing yourself I live in Derbyshire and have never added a worthwhile comment to anything I've ever said.

I don't mind a weird approach to banter but have you a mental issue which skews the world?
:wacko:

D

Deleted member 28

Y'know - when your income doesn't cover rent, bills and food, you need to go to a food bank, which is run by a charity. It isn't difficult to understand stuff like this.
I would imagine there are very few countries in the world where this happens, I guess someone will be along soon with a link but charities have been around a while.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
TBF, IIRC the RNLI has said that they prefer to be run as a charity as it enables them to be independent and free from government interference. Which given recent events is probably for the best.

But, to be absolutely clear, by 'recent events' I mean the actions and policy of an ostensibly right wing government who by rights should be celebrating and encouraging independent charities showing initiative and providing public services like saving lives at sea.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Y'know - when your income doesn't cover rent, bills and food, you need to go to a food bank, which is run by a charity. It isn't difficult to understand stuff like this.

Thank you for the explanation, which covers one situation.

I was thinking more of the legions of charities which are set up "in memory" of someone, very often duplicating several other similar, or, indeed, identical operations.

There are, of course, other Charities, of an International nature, eg WaterAid, Smile, Sightseers, etc etc etc

D

Deleted member 49

Thank you for the explanation, which covers one situation.

I was thinking more of the legions of charities which are set up "in memory" of someone, very often duplicating several other similar, or, indeed, identical operations.

There are, of course, other Charities, of an International nature, eg WaterAid, Smile, Sightseers, etc etc etc
But we're talking about charities to help people afford to eat and heat there homes! We should be ashamed that as one of the wealthiest counties we have children living in poverty.Nobody should rely on charity to eat.
Twelve years of the Tories and it's worse than ever.

BoldonLad

But we're talking about charities to help people afford to eat and heat there homes! We should be ashamed that as one of the wealthiest counties we have children living in poverty.Nobody should rely on charity to eat.
Twelve years of the Tories and it's worse than ever.

are we? where was that specified?, must have missed it, otherwise, I would have agreed

BoldonLad

Would you call out country well adjusted ?

In what respect? Mental Health, Taxation, Opportunity, Income Levels, Education....... etc etc

That doesn't answer the question "where was it specified we were talking about charities for food and heating"?

Top Bottom