Rishi - be a Robin Hood, Tax the richer and give to the poorer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's probs a whole school of economic thought that relies upon pancake analogies..
It’s mostly crêpe.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Do we? Or should we reduce the overall tax burden and encourage personal responsibility and provision of public services by means of private enterprise and philanthropy?

I only mention the idea because it seems this forum is regularly criticised for not tolerating right wing opinion yet in thirteen pages of discussion about taxes nobody has brought it up.

Perhaps, there are no contributors who are that "right wing"?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Perhaps, there are no contributors who are that "right wing"?
  • One can discuss an opinion without necessarily supporting it.
  • There are tory voters on the forum.
  • There are lurkers criticising this forum on the main site for lack of diversity and suppression of political debate.
  • There is a counterpoint to taxing wealth and to state provision of services. That counterpoint is not sealioning and obstructing and demanding answers to questions which have already been addressed multiple times.
  • Conservative government is supposed to be low tax. After a decade of Tory rule we are currently bearing the highest tax burden since the 1950s or something like that. Tory voters should be upset about that I think.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
  • There are lurkers criticising this forum on the main site for lack of diversity and suppression of political debate.
  • There is a counterpoint to taxing wealth and to state provision of services. That counterpoint is not sealioning and obstructing and demanding answers to questions which have already been addressed multiple times.
  • Conservative government is supposed to be low tax. After a decade of Tory rule we are currently bearing the highest tax burden since the 1950s or something like that. Tory voters should be upset about that I think.
Oh you do waffle-on sometimes Jim ;-)

BoldonLad

Maybe, they (Tory Voters), should be upset (I am not one, so, cannot speak from personal experience), but, those in favour of higher taxes should be happy? You cannot please all of the people all of the. time.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Maybe, they (Tory Voters), should be upset (I am not one, so, cannot speak from personal experience), but, those in favour of higher taxes should be happy? You cannot please all of the people all of the. time.
The people in favour of higher taxes are generally in favour of those taxes being used wisely for the benefit of society and those in need, rather than being siphoned off or pissed away by an utterly corrupt and self serving administration.

But you knew that.

BoldonLad

The people in favour of higher taxes are generally in favour of those taxes being used wisely for the benefit of society and those in need, rather than being siphoned off or pissed away by an utterly corrupt and self serving administration.

But you knew that.

Yes, I am all for taxes being spent wisely, even efficiently.

Top Bottom