Rishi Sunak is a Tosser....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
£10,000 to £15,000 for a replacement boiler? Are you having one made out of diamonds or something?

My guess is he means replacing a Gas Boiler with a heat pump set up, that is the sort of figures I have seen bandied around.

multitool

Shaman
Given the economic situation there is a reasonable view that the inevitable cost burden on households of the current targets should be eased.

But a discussion about that is unlikely to take place on here since the majority of posters are only interested in calling Sunak names.

He's whining again

IMG_3814.jpeg

Mr Celine

£10,000 to £15,000 for a replacement boiler? Are you having one made out of diamonds or something?

I've been investigating replacing my 20+ year old boiler with a heat pump.

The best estimate I got was £17,000 but that didn't include replacing the existing microbore pipes which cannot provide a high enough flow rate for a heat pump.
The only other firm I found that would even give a quote wanted £21,000.

I'd get a £7,000 grant from the Scottish Government.

I think Paley's numbers are on the low side.

Given the economic situation there is a reasonable view that the inevitable cost burden on households of the current targets should be eased.

But a discussion about that is unlikely to take place on here since the majority of posters are only interested in calling Sunak names.

How will it ease the "cost burden" for a family paying for expensive fuel to heat their home now that their landlord isn't being compelled to insulate their home properly? I'll answer that for you; it won't. It will just relieve the cost burden for that landlord to insulate the homes he rents out.

And Sunak is a twat with no grip on the reality for ordinary people.

Pale Rider

Veteran
And champange running through the radiators.

You are denying the real world cost of a heat pump system, which appears to be the only practical alternative.

One could drop central heating - assuming you could find a way to heat water - but I doubt even green campaigners would see that as progress.

On t'other hand, the farmhouse I grew up in had no central heating, so it is possible to avoid hypothermia without it.

Making bold predictions about the overall positive impact of net zero is easy, but we also need to consider the practicalities for the individual.

Which is what Sunak is doing.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Chances are, Rishi is not going to be Prime Minister for that much longer, Sir Keith can re-instate all of the targets next autumn. ;)

Top Bottom