Runners and riders for the Tory Party leadership...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Now deleted.

Penny Mordaunt today swiftly deleted a tweet that shared a claim her rivals will “murder” the Tory party.

The leadership contender’s Twitter account posted an article from the Daily Telegraph with the headline: “Tory MPs - vote for Rishi Sunak or Liz Truss today and you’ll murder the party you love.”

Two MPs have been murdered in recent years, Labour's Jo Cox and Tory David Amess

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/penny-mordaunt-deletes-tweet-claim-27527491

View: https://twitter.com/Direthoughts/status/1549683603289825280?t=LrKt-Ww6LK6zx_9lVbQOtg&s=19

Ian H

Legendary Member
My gut feeling is that whoever goes into the final round with Sunak will win the membership vote.

D

Deleted member 49

My gut feeling is that whoever goes into the final round with Sunak will win the membership vote.
There's a pretty good chance seeing as though there's only three left ^_^

All uphill

Just half heard a BBC news item about a medieval shoot lying in deep water. Apparently not much is known about this shoot.

Must have been about one of the candidates.

Apart from being a liar on an epic scale, and having been moved on from a number of posts due to incompetence, Penny Mordaunt thinks homeopathy works and has been a big advocate of alternative medicine being available on the NHS. We really don't need any more anti-scientific batsh*ttery right now.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Having avoided missed all the leadership debates, I thought this was a great little condensed catch-up covering all of the major points.

View: https://twitter.com/Darren_Dutton/status/1549147631838007297?s=20

glasgowcyclist

Über Member

Mordaunt needs to have a word with her comms team because this statement ...

IMG_20220720_160304.jpg

... sounds more like a threat than a commitment.

Unless, of course ... 😬

Obscenely rich evil Tory or easily manipulated evil Tory. I'm actually glad I'm not part of the decision making process.

I think the party will probably choose Truss as she's both the continuity Johnson and the whitest offering.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Obscenely rich evil Tory or easily manipulated evil Tory. I'm actually glad I'm not part of the decision making process.

I think the party will probably choose Truss as she's both the continuity Johnson and the whitest offering.

And of course they'll make a show of it not being a middle aged white man, despite the above posted tweet.

icowden

Legendary Member
I think
  • Mordaunt vs Sunak = Mordaunt wins
  • Truss vs Sunak = Sunak wins
That said, the bookies think that Truss will win and Mordaunt is the outsider.

icowden

Legendary Member
Well looks like it's Truss v Sunak. Thatcher lite vs the nice man who gave us discounted meals.

Now it's over to the Conservative party members.
  • 70% are men
  • 44% are over 65
  • 97% are white
  • 55% live in London & the South
Did Sunak's supporters strategically boost Truss in the hope of an easy win?

Top Bottom