Runners and riders for the Tory Party leadership...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Did Sunak's supporters strategically boost Truss in the hope of an easy win?
I suspect so.

icowden

Legendary Member
Is it called the 1922 committee because that’s the year it’s stuck in?
Caption: "Just smile and pour the tea love, we don't need your opinions round here..."
or
Caption: "Right - photo op. Have we got someone female and someone who isn't white? Great. I know - get them to pour the tea - we don't want them looking too big for their boots"
or
Caption: "Putin's latest KGB agent was a small Asian woman. Little did they realise that the tea was laced with Novichok..."

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
To be perfectly honest I genuinely thought that was a Cold War Steve (or whatever they call him) collage. The blokes look like cut outs and the tiny woman looks Photoshopped in. Looking forward to the spoof ones coming through on Twitter though.

Thinking about it I should probably retract my comment about how awful it looks. I'm not the target audience, who are

the Conservative party members.
  • 70% are men
  • 44% are over 65
  • 97% are white
  • 55% live in London & the South

and to whom it probably looks like a bit of a jolly old laugh.

Beebo

Veteran
Caption: "Just smile and pour the tea love, we don't need your opinions round here..."
or
Caption: "Right - photo op. Have we got someone female and someone who isn't white? Great. I know - get them to pour the tea - we don't want them looking too big for their boots"
or
Caption: "Putin's latest KGB agent was a small Asian woman. Little did they realise that the tea was laced with Novichok..."

She’s just the tea wallah.

She’s just the tea wallah.

If that’s really their attitude I hope she put laxative in it.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
BBC News querying Labour's calculation of candidates spending commitments, has this task been allocated to Diane Abbott?

commitments?

We've given you the Labour reaction to Truss and Sunak making the final two - "continuity Johnson" seems to be the main attack line - so now let's look at one of the figures Labour is using.
At PMQs earlier, Labour leader Keir Starmer told MPs: "Those vying to replace him [Boris Johnson] have racked up £330bn of unfunded spending commitments."
We've been looking at the cost of the pledges made by the candidates and we can't make it add up to that much.
We've had a look at Labour's sums and it turns out they include pledges from all the candidates early in the race, most of whom have already been knocked out.
Of course only one of the candidates can end up as prime minister, but Labour has been counting the same pledge several times.
For example, they estimate the undertaking to reverse next April's increase in corporation tax at £14.5bn, but then count that pledge from Nadhim Zahawi, Grant Shapps and Liz Truss - so multiply it by three to get a total £43.5bn pledged.
Then they added another £24bn to cover Sajid Javid and Jeremy Hunt's plans to get the tax down even further.

D

Deleted member 49

We want a vote to keep Boris Johnson as PM, demand Tory members.

More than 2,000 sign petition calling for premier to be added to leadership ballot, so members can have a say on if he should carry on

Beebo

Veteran
BBC News querying Labour's calculation of candidates spending commitments, has this task been allocated to Diane Abbott?

commitments?

We've given you the Labour reaction to Truss and Sunak making the final two - "continuity Johnson" seems to be the main attack line - so now let's look at one of the figures Labour is using.
At PMQs earlier, Labour leader Keir Starmer told MPs: "Those vying to replace him [Boris Johnson] have racked up £330bn of unfunded spending commitments."
We've been looking at the cost of the pledges made by the candidates and we can't make it add up to that much.
We've had a look at Labour's sums and it turns out they include pledges from all the candidates early in the race, most of whom have already been knocked out.
Of course only one of the candidates can end up as prime minister, but Labour has been counting the same pledge several times.
For example, they estimate the undertaking to reverse next April's increase in corporation tax at £14.5bn, but then count that pledge from Nadhim Zahawi, Grant Shapps and Liz Truss - so multiply it by three to get a total £43.5bn pledged.
Then they added another £24bn to cover Sajid Javid and Jeremy Hunt's plans to get the tax down even further.

Yes. It’s lies damn lies and statics.

People have been calling this one out for a while. It’s difficult to justify.

Top Bottom